MyCommunity Template Released!

15 years 2 months ago #89946 by richbrundage
Replied by richbrundage on topic Re:MyCommunity Template Released!
I posted to CB 1.2 RC4 General Discussions on the thread Search Fields and Search Results the following about changing the positions of the divs on the default template, and am wondering if the documentation for the MyCommunity Template discusses this issue:

I am also interested in moving the search criteria fields down below the search results. I've worked with the default template default.php file a bit but only managed to either turn the search criteria all the way off or on, I've had no success in changing where they are displayed. I tried moving the block function _renderHead( ) { ... down below the function _renderBody( ) {...
block but that didn't change anything, so I don't understand what determines where the different divs of the template are displayed.

I've added text to the Search Criteria: heading by editing the default language plugin file to instruct people to scroll down, but this isn't optimal. Any hints on how to solve this are most welcome, they would probably give general help on how to edit templates.

Richard Brundage

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 2 months ago #89950 by agovvapeldoorn
Replied by agovvapeldoorn on topic Re:MyCommunity Template Released!
beat wrote:

agovvapeldoorn wrote:

HI there,

just tested the 1.5 demo and i really love it!! i'm close from buying it but i have one question.

I know this is a template with al the cb modules and components. I'm wondering if its possible to use my own template and still be able to use all the stuff already installed in the package.

www.agovvapeldoorn.com is the site/template i'm talking about.

Not sure to understand question. If you talk about the module with the menu, yes. Although you need to copy some CSS over to your template to get the icons, but it's commented in the CSS file, so it's easy.

sorry, what i mean is the following. I want to use the mycommunity template with al the modules. After installing that i want the install my own template to use that over the default template

15 years 2 months ago #90171 by yvolk
Replied by yvolk on topic Is MyCommunity Template tableless?
Reading in MyCommunity Template announcement:

The template validates XHTML 1.0 trans and CSS 2.1, is tableless for better accessibility, and has been successfully tested on a broad range of browsers

, I was eager to see how you did "tableless tables" :) , so I clicked the link in the article: " a sample MyCommunity CB 1.2 Joomla 1.5.9 profile page (click to see) " - and I saw <table> there :blink:
So, what does "tableless" mean?

Post edited by: yvolk, at: 2009/02/28 18:25

15 years 2 months ago #90173 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:MyCommunity Template Released!
agovvapeldoorn wrote:

sorry, what i mean is the following. I want to use the mycommunity template with al the modules. After installing that i want the install my own template to use that over the default template

Some things may need to be adjusted to blend in as you like. For this, you'd need to be familiar with css or just follow the documentation included with the package.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 1 month ago #94074 by mattioi
Replied by mattioi on topic Re:MyCommunity Template Released!
What do you guys think of my beta spin for this: www.realpennies.com

Post edited by: mattioi, at: 2009/04/07 03:02

15 years 3 weeks ago #95521 by only1russ
Replied by only1russ on topic MyCommunity Template - simgallery
I am having a bit of difficulty with the template and SIMGallery.

The problems is that it will not display, or allow any pictures to be uploaded.

It stems from the mootools differences in
ver 1.1 / 1.4 and 1.2 (not sure)

The solution on the SIMGallery site is:

All Joomla 1.5 installation comes automatically with Mootools 1.14, and the system will load it up automatically. To stop this from happening when viewing SIMGallery, look for the following codes in your template's index.php:

[code:1]<jdoc:include type="head" />[/code:1]

Add a condition statement above it to look like this:

[code:1]<?php
//Unload mootools in Joomla 1.5
if ($option == 'com_simgallery') {
$document =& JFactory::getDocument();
unset($document->_scripts[$this->baseurl . '/media/system/js/mootools.js']);
unset($document->_scripts[$this->baseurl . '/media/system/js/mootools-uncompressed.js']);
unset($document->_scripts[$this->baseurl . '/media/system/js/caption.js']);
}
?>
<jdoc:include type="head" />[/code:1]

*Note: because all Joomla 1.5 copies are shipped with Mootools, therefore all Joomla 1.5 users will need to enable Compatibility Mode in SIMGallery's configuration.

*Additional Important Note: Some templates built for Joomla 1.5.* chose to load their own Mootools 1.11 even though Joomla 1.5.* already comes with it. If

I have also tried other solutions, but up against a time crunch - been working on this issue for about 4 hours now...

any idea'rs

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn