French plugin

13 years 2 months ago #154264 by stephane.schmitt
Replied by stephane.schmitt on topic Re: French plugin
Hi vincimoz !

That's fine B) ... it was just necessary "to" suppress the "to" !!!! no need to reinstall plugin..
It was just under my eyes !

thank's a lot,

Best regards,

Stéphane

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156417 by pub
Replied by pub on topic Re:French plugin
Hello

@vincimoz
I took the file english.php, and it works with the accents ...
Hope this helps you

cordially

Fabrice

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156507 by vincimoz
Replied by vincimoz on topic Re:French plugin
Hello,

@Fabrice,

Following your remark, I had a look on english.php file but they are no accents inside (so I don't understand your suggestion).
Anyway, at the beginning, I took a french package on this forum that I suppose which was based on english package as explained in document.
I spent several hours to correct some sentences and to complete it with all french translated with accents (with "à" replaced by "à" ...).
A the end, I discovered that some french sentences were correctly displayed with accents, while some others not.
Today, without any help from administrator, I suppose it's a CBsubs bug.

Regards,
vincimoz

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156509 by vincimoz
@nant,
I requested some help 3 weeks ago without any answer.
As I need to put payment mode in production very soon now (less 2 weeks), I need to obtain all French sentences very correctly displayed so of course with accent (because my site is a professional newspaper in French).
Could you tell me what wrong on my side? Or is it a CBsubs bug?
Examples:
- test by displaying "Upgrade" (line 555) button of a plan: you obtain "Mettre à jour" instead of "Mettre à jour"
- test by displaying "Expired %s" (line 327) after cancel subscription: you obtain "A Expiré le" instead of "A Expiré le"

My CB version is 1.3.1 and CBsubs version is 1.1.2 (last one).
I give you again my french.php file (in zip this time) in order you can investigate.

File Attachment:

File Name: french.zip
File Size:12 KB

Thanks in advance for you help.
Regards
vincimoz
Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #156526 by pub
Replied by pub on topic Re:French plugin
hello,

sorry, I did not pay attention to machine translation and suddenly there is a big mistake: I meant the file "english.php"and not english.php ...
normally it should have been attached ....

In fact, to better explain, I took the plugin: "cbpaidsubscriptionsfrench" and the file "english.php" I replace the code with the letters with accents, UFT8 encoded the file and returned to the plugin.

I attach the plugin and realized that the air to run ...

hoping this helps you

cordially

Fabrice

File Attachment:

File Name: cbpaidfrench.zip
File Size:13 KB
Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156716 by vincimoz
@Fabrice,

Thanks for your help.

1) I took your cbpaidfrench.zip file that you attached (I seen you let french accent inside like I did at the beginning) and I installed your file on my test site.

But I seen again the same mistake that I discovered at the beginning of this story: some accents were replace by this strange character �.
I attached 2 screen shot files to show you (translation of "upgrade" was displayed by "Mettre � jour" instead of "Mettre à jour").

Did you obtain the same wrong behaviour on your side?

2) To avoid this strange character �, as explained in my 1st message, I decided to change all French accents by their HTML code.
Some sentences are correct, some others not like you can see on 2 screen shots below:

3) Currently, I do my test with some French sentences without any accent in order to avoid wrong display like you can see below:

It's the reason why I'm the feeling this issue is due to a CBsubs bug, except if somebody explain to me what to do to obtain all sentences correctly displayed with French accent.
At each time, I saved french.php with UTF8 encoded.

Regards,

vincimoz

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds