[SOLVED] CBSubs and Kunena

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #230923 by Aidan38
[SOLVED] CBSubs and Kunena was created by Aidan38
Hello I'm using CBSubs and Kunena, and I would like to do organize some Kunena categories like on this forum :
Everybody can access to the categories and read the content, but only de members (with a paid subscription) can reply to the topics and create new topics.

Is there any tutorial for this?

Tanks for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #230958 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs and Kunena
Using CBSubs Content integration and its By URL Part protection found on Integrations > Extensions tab of your plans you can supply the below URLs to protect it.

option=com_kunena&view=topic&layout=create&catid=CATEGORY_ID
option=com_kunena&view=topic&layout=reply&catid=CATEGORY_ID
option=com_kunena&view=topic&task=post&catid=CATEGORY_ID

If you want to protect it globally for every category you can use the below.

option=com_kunena&view=topic&layout=create
option=com_kunena&view=topic&layout=reply
option=com_kunena&view=topic&task=post

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aidan38

10 years 9 months ago #231052 by Aidan38
Replied by Aidan38 on topic CBSubs and Kunena
Hi,
tanks for your answer. when I do what you say, I obtain an error 403 when I try to access to these categories.
It's good because its now impossible to post in these categories without a subscription but how can I obtain a page where it's possible to subscribe to a plan to have access to this part of the forum ?
Tanks

10 years 9 months ago #231082 by krileon
It shouldn't throw a 403. It should do exactly as our forums do and redirect you to a CBSubs page to purchase the plan needed for access. If you're getting a 403 you could have some other access taking over such as Joomla menu access or maybe you're trying to navigate to a category with a view access level higher than your self. You should ensure everything is Public accessible then protect it with CBSubs if you want the same behavior our forums have.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 9 months ago #231184 by Aidan38
Replied by Aidan38 on topic CBSubs and Kunena
Ok, tanks.

Now everything is on Public and its display my registration page (same URL) but if I'm already logged in I have only these messages :
"Access to this location not allowed without Abonnement
Un abonnement est nécessaire pour accéder à ce contenu.

You are already logged in"

And for example, there is no possibility to upgrade to subscription.

10 years 9 months ago #231198 by krileon
Ok, means it's working fine now. You just have some configuration issues left with your plans. Ensure your plans are set to allow upgrade. Also ensure your plan is accessible on the Access tab ("Visible for Access Level:" and "Visible for Group (and above this group):" both set to Public for example).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn