SQL Actions - listing or active forum thread ?

10 years 7 months ago #233677 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic SQL Actions - listing or active forum thread ?

krileon wrote: We had properly sub categorized forums and it doesn't work and hasn't worked for well over a year. People kept posting in the wrong location. We'd have support customers posting in community forums then demanding refunds for not getting support, ... We eliminated possibility for this confusion by simply getting rid of the CBSubs community forums and has been working well to keep the support centralized for CBSubs. ... A forum category per support subscription keeps it as simple as possible to avoid any confusion.

... people post in the wrong location constantly. It's extremely frustrating to have multiple refund requests because a user never received support due to them posting in the community forums and not the support forums. I know it makes more sense to you to have it categorized and it does to me too, but it doesn't work and was costing us far too much revenue to keep it that way.

o.k. I see. But I am really surprised. Obviously, that's the difference between theory and real life ;-) I am sorry, it didn't work as expected.

Regarding posts in wrong locations: Maybe it was a matter of the sub-categories?! I remember i did some wrong postings myself. I could imagine it works best, if everything is "flat" without cascading categories, properly named and maybe exposed with a special color-code. Currently I see no clear terms like "Official Support", "Paid Members Area", "User-2-User". The areas look very similar, IMHO.

Funnily, I always wondered how you manage the current splitted support forums. I would expect to get the same questions asked 3-times in 3 different locations. If it works for you... i don't mind ;-)

Keep on happy supporting!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn