Big problem with Paypal autorecurring

10 years 4 months ago #238550 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Big problem with Paypal autorecurring
We will be handling your issue via your Ticket instead of here to avoid duplicate responses.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #240360 by freedom09
Replied by freedom09 on topic Big problem with Paypal autorecurring
Did it get solved?

How can I ensure the same thing does not happen to me in the future?

10 years 3 months ago #240558 by ricco1
Replied by ricco1 on topic Big problem with Paypal autorecurring
Hi,

I'm interested too.

Regards

10 years 3 months ago #240689 by krileon
We could not find anything in regards to this issue. The IPNs which we needed to review had long since been purged by PayPal (they only keep 1 months worth of IPNs). We suspect some sort of configuration issue (e.g. changing a price after someone has subscribed or changing price at PayPals end).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 3 months ago #240720 by Roland
Replied by Roland on topic Big problem with Paypal autorecurring
Hello,

the problem was, that in the beginning I only had a net price (24,- €). After a few month the advanced tax function in CB subs was included. Then I added the tax to the price (the plan price keep always the same). So old subscriber paid 24 € and new one 24+taxes.

This makes no problems over a few years since switching to CB Subs GPL. After that all old subscriptions without taxes weren't renew. And this wasn't a paypal or conficuration issue - sorry - but as described I got in this time a lot of payments over paypal without any problems. Only the older payments with the taxless price don't work anymore.

The next issue was that the subscription end mails often send completly confusing. Often a view monthes after subscription ends. Here I got no answer from CB team.

Greetings, ROland

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #240869 by krileon

the problem was, that in the beginning I only had a net price (24,- €). After a few month the advanced tax function in CB subs was included. Then I added the tax to the price (the plan price keep always the same). So old subscriber paid 24 € and new one 24+taxes.

This causes a price mismatch and will invalidate the IPN. For example PayPal sends CBSubs $30 or $5, but the plan is $25. CBSubs has no choice but to invalidate it, because it didn't match. If you need to change the price you should discontinue the plan in favor of a new plan or cancel everyones recurring profiles so they can renew at the new price.

PayPal does not allow recurring profile changes beyond 30 days. So after those 30 days it's impossible to change a price on PayPals end. It has to be cancelled entirely. I think we need to implement more warnings when pricing adjustments are made with active subscriptions (this includes CBSusb Tax and CBSubs Promotions adjustments).

The next issue was that the subscription end mails often send completly confusing. Often a view monthes after subscription ends.

This is due to not triggering expirations. You need to visit CBSubs backend regularly, setup frontend to trigger expirations, or run the expiration processing URL through CRON regularly. This is all explained in your documentation. If you have any grace periods then that'll also effect expirations as they don't actually expire until the grace period is up.

Here I got no answer from CB team.

Because you opened a private ticket in addition to this topic. We replied to you in the ticket.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.022 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn