[SOLVED] Prorated subscription signup skips payment

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #243928 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Prorated subscription signup skips payment
Your issue is due to the below fatal error.

Fatal error: Class 'CmcHelperRegistration' not found in components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cmc-newsletterregistration/cmc.php on line 214

This is due to a 3rd party CB plugin called "CMC - Newsletter registration" found within CB > Plugin Management. As it's throwing a fatal error and it's also loaded at the top (plugin order determines load order) it means CBSubs never gets a chance to process registration.

Once "CMC - Newsletter registration" is disabled everything works fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 weeks ago #243932 by zen
Thank you Kyle for finding the issue!

Now with the CMC plugin disabled the registration process is working. However, I have found another issue related to this registration process.

When you cancel the registration process by clicking on "Cancel payment and subscription" link at the bottom of the page (next to Pay Online and Pay Offline options), the registration process is successfully cancelled, but when you to back to Join Us page and go through the registration process, this time the CBSubs does not kick in and the same "Registration Complete" issue occurs.

Please check this process on the test site.

10 years 2 weeks ago #243935 by krileon
If no plan is selected then CBSubs isn't going to do anything (ensure your plans are set to default and exclusive so they're always selected). You also need to be concerned with caching issues. If page cache is kicking in then it's going to mess up the process (no forms should ever be cached). Cancelling the basket for 1 user should have no effect on the attempts of another to register. Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration then retest your usages (this is how I found the bad plugin) to ensure no other errors are occurring.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #243939 by zen
As far as I can tell, there's no caching on anywhere, but considering the issue goes away after I reload the registration page, it seems there's something being cached...

With the debug mode on, it returns the following errors after I click Register.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/bluemoun/public_html/_test/libraries/joomla/factory.php on line 223

Fatal error: Call to a member function bind() on a non-object in /home/bluemoun/public_html/_test/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.tables.php on line 1886

Followed by "Please log in or register to view or modify your profile."

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #243965 by krileon
Something installed is messing with the $user object. It's passed by reference throughout CB. If something unsets it then it's going to break CB. Disable non-core CB/Joomla plugins/extensions 1 by 1 until it goes away.

I can not stress the below process enough to avoid these problems.

1. Enable debug mode
2. Set error reporting to maximum
3. Install extension
4. Test
5. Enable extension
6. Test
7. Configure extension
8. Test

This should always be the process. You always need to be aware of the before, during, and after. Having debug mode and error reporting configured ensures errors, notices, warnings, etc.. are always exposed. The only notices you should ignore are strict standards. Nothing else should ever be ignored and should be fixed as soon as possible.

Skipping the above process and installing, configuring, installing, configuring, rinse repeat will guarantee cause issues and you'll have no idea what installed is doing it without constant debugging.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

10 years 2 weeks ago #243981 by zen
Thanks for the instructions, Kyle.

I have now disabled pretty much all 3rd party plugins except the ones the template requires, and error reporting reports none through the entire registration process. However, after cancelling your registration and go back to repeat the registration process, it still completes the registration without payment.

The same occurs even if I clear the browser cache between the cancellation of the registration and restarting of the new registration.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn