[SOLVED] subscription plugin not working properlly

2 years 9 months ago #325440 by mcciamarketing
Replied by mcciamarketing on topic subscription plugin not working properlly
are you there ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 9 months ago #325445 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic subscription plugin not working properlly
CBSubs is failing to install due to "Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 0 bytes is stored inline.". This is the same issue as the below topic where a solution has been provided.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/277-cb-paid-subscriptions-support/243978-solved-failure-with-main-cb-subs-plugin-installation#324967

Your Database Collation is set to latin1_swedish_ci and it should be utf8mb4_unicode_ci. If you've phpmyadmin the easiest way to fix this is navigate to the database and click "Operations" at the top then scroll "Collation" and select "utf8mb4_unicode_ci" (Joomlas default collation) from the dropdown then check the "Change all tables collations" and "Change all tables columns collations" checkboxes then click "Go". This will fix your collation problems.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcciamarketing

2 years 9 months ago #325448 by mcciamarketing
@Beat, thank you for fixing the public login. My programmer is new to the CB forum.

2 years 9 months ago #325449 by mcciamarketing
@krileon, I appreciate your time and insight into the problem. I followed the URL link and I agree.. @Beat is brilliant! That was not even close to my radar for troubleshooting
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

2 years 9 months ago #325450 by mcciamarketing
The final solution was to go to PHPMyAdmin, click on the database, go to Operations, scroll to Collations and use

Database Collation utf8_general_ci

and check both boxes for:

Change all tables collations
Change all tables columns collations

Thanks for navigating through the problem with me, and specific instructions on how to use the Collation tool!
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn