Membership card

1 year 2 months ago #332785 by Vorak
Membership card was created by Vorak
Hello,

On our website we offer paid subscription using CBSubs. However, since we do not only offer online services for paid subscriptions, but also offline services at meetings at which these members with a paid subscription get a discount. Until now, we have each time been manually making membership cards, printing them off and handing them over or sending them by mail.

I am wondering now if there is a possibility to implement in CB or CBSubs, that a membership card is automatically generated online, containing information such as their real name, username, expiration date of their subscription, ... perhaps even with a QR-code or something linking to their profile page or something of the sort as verification.

The idea is that members with a paid subscription can then log in to the website, access their membership card there, download it (e.g. to their phone so they can show it on their smartphone at events) or print it off themselves. 

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332795 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership card
We don't have anything out of the box to do that, but it's certainly doable if you're experienced writing PHP. You'd probably be able to do this using CB Code Field and placing your custom PHP in the code field. Then to make it printable there's several JS tricks to do so or you could make it a separate page entirely using CB Auto Actions and a Code action with same PHP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332797 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Membership card
Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, my understanding of PHP is just the bare minimum to work with on Joomla and such, I have no understanding to actually write anything up in it myself, let alone something like this.

Would you consider a feature like this to be added to CBSubs in the future? Or is there another solution?

1 year 2 months ago #332802 by krileon
We've no plans to add a membership card feature at this time. Suggest contacting a freelancer experience with PHP to assist you with your needs. Alternatively we can assist in coding this to some degree with a Business Membership .

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332806 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Membership card
To what degree would this be that you would be able to help out with Business Membership? And in what price range would this Business Membership fall?

1 year 2 months ago #332807 by krileon
That'd depend on your requirements. Business membership does not come with unlimited custom development time. It includes roughly 8 hours a year depending on needs. That should be plenty for a simple implementation or assistance with such implementation. Business membership starts at $199/mo billed annually.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds