Membership card

1 year 2 months ago #332808 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Membership card
That would in itself be ideally, but if we have to pay $199 per month for an entire year, for only one implementation of this, it would cost us nearly $1600 per year, which is above our budget, as it would be the only custom job we would need. I suppose there is no possibility of a one-time fee for this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332809 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership card
$199/mo billed annually comes out to $2388/yr. That basically would cover custom coding of this and you get all our products and support (including access to private business support forums) for an entire year as well.

I understand it's not going to be within everyone's budget, but it's just not possible for us to accommodate every budget. We've more than 15 years under our belts so our hourly rate for contract work, if we did contract work, is very high. Even then our business membership is still under priced, but that's just the market we're in. If that's not within your budget you could try freelance sites to find someone that might be able to do a quick low budget solution for you.

You could also try checking the Joomla extension directory to see if there's some sort of membership card extension available that you could push CB data into maybe using substitutions via CB Content Bot.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago #332818 by Vorak
Replied by Vorak on topic Membership card
Hello,

Yes I fully understand and did not mean to devalue the work you do in any way. We have been using CB with Pro membership as well as CBSubs for many years now and find that it is very much worth its money each year again.

It's simply that we are a non-profit organisation with a limited budget who can't afford the Bussiness prices even though I'm sure those too are very much worth the money for what you get in return if needed. I figured I should ask you for the possibilities first, as the people at the source are of course best placed and best experienced to make the best possible thing.

We will see what options there are and what is or is not possible. Thank you again, and keep up the great work!

1 year 2 months ago #332825 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Membership card
I recall someone needing something similar, but was awhile ago. I found the topic so am unsure how helpful it will be for you, but maybe can take a look at it for ideas.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/developer-members-support/244703-printable-membership-card-php-implementation#328343

In it I gave a simple example of how to render an image using CB Auto Actions so that might be of help. Below is another topic that explains several substitution usages for outputting subscription information.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/developer-members-support/243473-printable-membership-card

So you could for example try using CB Content Bot to substitute their information into a Joomla article and Joomla articles have a built in print feature to print the article contents. It's a bit limited in that it'd be a Joomla article and not a field or anything, but is a solution that might only require HTML and CSS knowledge instead of PHP.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.767 seconds