Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB 2.0.6 problèm in html user profil

• krileon
  • krileon
9 years 3 months ago #259483 by krileon

This plugin act on onAfterDispatch event, where the component have finish it's render.

It's using jQuery to alter the DOM. If it did so after CB then it wouldn't be an issue for the tabs jQuery as the tabs jQuery would've done its necessary processing, but since it's acting on such an early Joomla trigger its jQuery is firing before CBs.

But we can parameterize the plugin to just ignore the H2 tag containing some class names (cbTabNav and/or cbTabNavMenu).
The problem can therefore adjust well.

You're altering the DOM to adjust styling. That's slow and dangerous. All you need to do is add the H2 selector to your templates H1 selector styling and it'll style H2 exactly like H1 without having to alter the DOM. If you alter an element with jQuery bindings then you just broke those bindings. At any rate use something like that at your own risk, but from here on please disable it before opening a support request as it can conflict and cause issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #259489 by roland_d_alsace
Hi Krileon.

Rest assured I am not the developer of this plugin, but in any case it does not use jQuery.
It modifies the html by php in server side before final rendering on Joomla events onAfterDispatch and onAfterRender.

The problem of the absence of H1 solved by such plugins is not a problem of style but of referencement (although this is not as important to date).

These plugins are often used by the Joomla Community for reworking the HTML Publication, although their use may be questionable (I agree with you).

In all cases the problem is solved, but I think I would not be the only one to have.

Regards.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by roland_d_alsace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon