CB 2.0.6 problèm in html user profil

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #259429 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.0.6 problèm in html user profil
What browser is this happening in? If possible please provide a URL to a public profile where the issue can be seen. I am unable to duplicate at this time so I don't know what to suggest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #259445 by roland_d_alsace
Replied by roland_d_alsace on topic CB 2.0.6 problèm in html user profil
Hi Krileon.

I'm on local test serveur.

I have the problem on all browser.

Actually i trace cbTabs.php in Netbeans x-debug mod for seeing html output, if i found the problem.

Tomorrow if i don't find, i'll migrate on a public server, and i give you the access.
If i find something i post here.

Thanks and regards.

9 years 2 months ago #259449 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.0.6 problèm in html user profil
If you're using HTML in your tab contents or tab titles an unclosed tag can do this. I believe I saw another user with exact issue and the problem was an unclosed HTML tag in the tab title. At any rate yes if you don't find anything please do provide access when possible and will see what's going on.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #259457 by roland_d_alsace
Hi Krileon.

I have found the problem.

CB2 is actualy not compatible with the system plugin wich change the H2 on H1 tag when there are not in the html.

When i desactive the system plugin header tag, the problem is solved.

Header Tag change the <h2 class="cbTabNav cbTabNavMenu" id="cbtabnav11"> in <h1 class="cbTabNav cbTabNavMenu" id="cbtabnav11"> because there are not H1 html tag in com_profiler / profile page.

So I need to configure the plugin to exclude the H2 tag with class : cbTabNav or
cbTabNavMenu.

I think this problem with this kind of plugin could happen quite often.

9 years 2 months ago #259477 by krileon
Yup that'd do it. It's changing the DOM before CB can process that tab. If it happened after CB was done it wouldn't harm the tabs, but that's a pretty aggressive plugin to be using. I recommend just styling H2 tags with H1 CSS and avoiding the DOM change entirely if you're wanting H2 to look like H1.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

9 years 2 months ago #259480 by roland_d_alsace
Hi Krileon.

krileon wrote: Yup that'd do it. It's changing the DOM before CB can process that tab.

I don't undestand.

This plugin act on onAfterDispatch event, where the component have finish it's render.

Like you explain me, CB2 process the H2 tag to tabs with Jquery on browser, so no render plugin cannot work ?
or I have misunderstood you answer :

krileon wrote: ....for some reason your first tab is not being converted by the jQuery.....and see if you've any JS errors present as that could result in the jQuery breaking.

?

But we can parameterize the plugin to just ignore the H2 tag containing some class names (cbTabNav and/or cbTabNavMenu).
The problem can therefore adjust well.

Regards.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn