[SOLVED] Customizing title & description of header image

8 years 4 months ago #275543 by nant
If any of my previous replies came across as an attack or an insult, I sincerely appologize.
This was never my intention.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275549 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Customizing title & description of header image
Okay Nant,

I accept your apology, let's just move and not have anymore of these types of incidents in the future.

...Now back to work:

I actually wanted to work on this a bit more myself before presenting the question, but since I've got you online I might as well see if you've got any idea of what may be happening. Here's what we're looking at:

I've modified the Protostar template with login page, member page signup page, and logout page link aliases in the search bar position (I'm pretty sure that's position zero), while unpublishing the search bar. This way I don't have the bulky modules on every page. It actually works quite nicely.

I've adjusted the font links with CSS modifications of my own with something like this:

.item-1142 a, .item-1138 a, .item-1137 a, .item-1136 a {
font-family: "Racing Sans One";
color: #333
}
that's the signup, login, logout and member page alias links (item-1142 38 37 36)

It actually works great.

Only hitch is class item-1137 for the logout link text. This is the only link that will not changeover to reflect the CSS adjustments I've made. All the others switch over to the new font and color with no problem but it's like the logout link text doesn't even see the new code.

I know this is a rather limited overview of the problem (and I can certainly go into greater detail with screenshots etc.) but just from past experience, have you ever heard of anything like this before? Got any idea of what may be going on?

Let me know if you need further explanation (just wanted to see if you might have a clue).

Let me know what you come up with.

cheers

8 years 4 months ago #275552 by nant

Magic2014 wrote: Okay Nant,

I accept your apology, let's just move and not have anymore of these types of incidents in the future.

...Now back to work:

I actually wanted to work on this a bit more myself before presenting the question, but since I've got you online I might as well see if you've got any idea of what may be happening. Here's what we're looking at:

I've modified the Protostar template with login page, member page signup page, and logout page link aliases in the search bar position (I'm pretty sure that's position zero), while unpublishing the search bar. This way I don't have the bulky modules on every page. It actually works quite nicely.

I've adjusted the font links with CSS modifications of my own with something like this:

.item-1142 a, .item-1138 a, .item-1137 a, .item-1136 a {
font-family: "Racing Sans One";
color: #333
}
that's the signup, login, logout and member page alias links (item-1142 38 37 36)

It actually works great.

Only hitch is class item-1137 for the logout link text. This is the only link that will not changeover to reflect the CSS adjustments I've made. All the others switch over to the new font and color with no problem but it's like the logout link text doesn't even see the new code.

I know this is a rather limited overview of the problem (and I can certainly go into greater detail with screenshots etc.) but just from past experience, have you ever heard of anything like this before? Got any idea of what may be going on?

Let me know if you need further explanation (just wanted to see if you might have a clue).

Let me know what you come up with.

cheers

Not really a css expert here.
Maybe use firebug to inspect the object and see exactly which class is kicking in.

If you are not able to do this, suggest you provide a url and test login where someone else more css debug oriented can help.

8 years 4 months ago #275605 by Magic2014
Hi Guys,

Just in case anyone ever runs into it, the solution (I think) if you get a logout menu alias acting weird is to trash the alias and just use the user logout menu item from the CB selection menu.

If this doesn't do the trick try trashing the logout link - clearing all cache everywhere, logging out, closing all browsers and then pulling everything back up - recreating the logout link using the User Logout option from the Community Builder selection via the "Menu Item type" option.

menu mgr - menu to contain logout link - new menu button - menu item type - click select - Community Builder - User Logout

I'm pretty sure one of these two methods will work for you.

Cheers

8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #275612 by nant

Magic2014 wrote: Hi Guys,

Just in case anyone ever runs into it, the solution (I think) if you get a logout menu alias acting weird is to trash the alias and just use the user logout menu item from the CB selection menu.

If this doesn't do the trick try trashing the logout link - clearing all cache everywhere, logging out, closing all browsers and then pulling everything back up - recreating the logout link using the User Logout option from the Community Builder selection via the "Menu Item type" option.

menu mgr - menu to contain logout link - new menu button - menu item type - click select - Community Builder - User Logout

I'm pretty sure one of these two methods will work for you.

Cheers

So basically you had an old menu in trash that was messing things up?

(Thanks for posting back solution for others reading)

8 years 4 months ago #275701 by Magic2014
Actually, I'm not exactly sure what fixed it. I finally just decided to remove and recreate everything (or at least the logout), and whallah! Worked like a new clock. It may have been any number of things (was multi-tasking while creating so didn't step-check development). ...Believe it or not, it may have even been the cache - ran into a similar problem today and cleared the cache right away, and once again worked like a charm.

But while I've got you online, got a bit of puzzler I'm sure you've got some insight on.

Here's what we're looking at:

Installing CB Gallery for posting member media but would like the items (such as videos)
to be categorized and searchable. It's simple enough to create the profile tabs but I'm not finding anyway to attach a tag or label or some type of category - some way to harvest and classify it as data (similar to user blogs).

The basic idea is to have video, audio etc searchable and classifiable and be able to present that data (media) in a number of ways just like blogs or articles.

e.x. Videos - (Categories) Bronco riding - Bull Riding - Calf Roping - barrel racing

Visitors select category from menu and then filter by city or newest or age or whatever. Point is we want to attach the video to some type of identifier that can be organized and used as data (much like User Blogs - might even call it Video Blog)

...we'd also like to have a field where members might add a few informational comments about the video.

...finally these videos will be posted by groups (Group Jive)as well as individual community members. The idea is to have individuals and groups post multiple videos (audio etc) to their page and have that media manipulated just like an article or blog.

In a phrase: we want to manipulate media just like blogs and articles.

So any ideas? I haven't figured it out yet, but I know there's got to be a way to do this.

Let me know.

Thx
Magic

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn