[SOLVED] Template not working properly unter ie and chrome

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277801 by erichburkhard
I have installed:
Joomla 3.4.8
CB: 2.0.13
Template: unzip1st_template_coolness_3.0.1
Content module: mod_cbcontent_2.0.0

The problem is that the profile view does not look the same way in firefox / ie / chrome:

with firefox its rendered correctly:

with ie and chrome all the tabs are missing

what is wrong here?

regards
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #277823 by krileon
No idea, works perfectly fine here. Switch to default Joomla protostar template and see if issue persists. If it does press F12 to open your browser developer console, refresh the page, and review the Console tab for any fatal errors as the tabs are JS driven.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #277994 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Template not working properly unter ie and chrome
Hi Kyle, so I made what you told me. the first problem is that I do not have a prostar template to choose as a default from the backend. If I go to the backend i see the following:

I don't know why: Is it possible that i deleted this template by random ? ..if I look into the directory structure via ftp I see a path /templates/prostar and there are also files in this directory but I can't choose the template from the backend..

then I opened the developer console...as soon I try to refresh the profile page, the following messages run over the Screen:

...the messages says that a MIME type conflict blocks a script ???!!!???

any idea ?

regards
Attachments:

8 years 2 months ago #278014 by krileon

Hi Kyle, so I made what you told me. the first problem is that I do not have a prostar template to choose as a default from the backend. If I go to the backend i see the following:

Then you or someone else installed the default Joomla template.

don't know why: Is it possible that i deleted this template by random ? ..if I look into the directory structure via ftp I see a path /templates/prostar and there are also files in this directory but I can't choose the template from the backend..

You might be able to run discovery to see if it can be found and installed. This is done from Extensions > Manage > Discover (left side menu). Once on the Discover page click the Discover button on the toolbar.

...the messages says that a MIME type conflict blocks a script ???!!!???

Script not loading would explain why the tabs aren't working. Ensure live_site within configuration.php of your Joomla root is set to '' (empty) then see if issue persists. I don't know what to really suggest. Their MIMETYPE is always correctly set in their header scripts. Problem is likely a bug in the template, but you need default protostar to change to in order to really confirm this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #278112 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Template not working properly unter ie and chrome
..so I have reinstalled the prostar template and set this template as a default for the frontend ...but the described behaviour didn' change, this means:

- in Firefox the tabs appear correctly, in IE the tabs do not appear of a certain profile
- in the configuration.php the variable is set correctly: $live_site = '';

any idea?

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #278138 by sarah963
Sorry if I am interfering..

but, try to empty the Cache of both browsers..

If it does not work ,, try change or delete the type attribute of your javascripts or just use the default type=text/javascript

I got this answer from
www.w3.org/TR/html5/scripting-1.html

"The type attribute gives the language of the script or format of the data. If the attribute is present, its value must be a valid MIME type. The charset parameter must not be specified. The default, which is used if the attribute is absent, is "text/javascript"."

I think the java script will be ignored by the browser if the type attribute is not set correctly..

I hope this helps ,, :S

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn