[SOLVED] Template not working properly unter ie and chrome

8 years 2 months ago #278143 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Template not working properly unter ie and chrome
Hi

I deleted the browser cache -> no effect

about the adaption of the JavaScripts:
do you mean the JavaScripts of the template ? in the directory: templates/protostar/js
I found 3 files:
template.js
classes.js
application.js

but none of them had a type inside....or are there other JavaScripts I have to adapt?

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #278157 by sarah963
Oh no, don't touch those .js file!!

Just open the webpage that has the problem in Google Chrome, then hit Control+Shift+I
This will open the Console..
Look at the HTML tag script under the head tag and the other script tags at the bottom under body tag

You should see: script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"" ... etc.

Check if all the scripts type is "text/javascript" or if at all present.
The type="text/jscript" is sometimes ignored by browsers..

8 years 2 months ago #278162 by krileon
Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago #278169 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic Template not working properly unter ie and chrome
have sent you the credentials as PM - THANKS

8 years 2 months ago #278182 by krileon
Your frontend and backend are broken in Chrome. Your issue appears to have nothing to do with CB. The problem appears to be with your host. It's using GZIP compression and responding with the wrong content-type. Chrome and Edge validates mimetype while FireFox doesn't (bad FireFox!) and is why it doesn't work on either of them. You need to contact your host to have them fix this.

Accept-Ranges: bytes
Cache-Control: no-transform
Content-Encoding: gzip
Content-Length: 33279
Content-Type: text/x-js; charset=utf-8
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 16:52:26 GMT
Etag: "3b802ae-176d5-527a87ebf2b80"
Last-Modified: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 17:51:58 GMT
Server: Apache
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=15768000
Vary: Accept-Encoding,User-Agent
X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN
x-content-type-options: nosniff

Their header response content type should be as follows.

Content-Type: application/javascript

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #278211 by erichburkhard
Hi Kyle, thanks for your analysis, but what I do not understand is the following:
You say that it has nothing to do with CB but with my hoster. But why do I not have any issues with 'older' Joomla installations that run on the same hoster (but built with older CB versions)?

Here is the link to my production site (built with CB 1.9.1 and Joomla 3.3.6). This installation is set up in the same webspace of my Hosting package (but installed in a parallel subdirectory). (the URL I sent you yesterday by PM was my TEST site build with CB 2.0.13) :

[REMOVED]

login first in frontend. If you view a profile you see that ALL the tabs are rendered propperly, with Firefox, Chrome and Edge, so the only difference to my TEST-URL (see link in your email box) is the version of CB and Joomla

regards

[MOD EDIT]: These are public readable forums. Please do not provide credentials here.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn