[#5858] Impossible to register wrong captcha

8 years 1 month ago #279377 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Impossible to register wrong captcha
Ok, have made some error output improvements for next nightly release for reCaptcha usage. Not sure where it's failing, but this should help find what exactly is going wrong.

It's possible they're taking too long to complete registration, they complete captcha, and before it's verified it expired. reCaptcha doesn't work so great for long forms as it only lasts about 2 minutes I believe. This issue also works in reverse. They complete the captcha, take too long completing the form, and the captcha session expires. It appears to be a commonly reported problem depending on the usage.

It maybe possible to force the captcha to reset using API as there is a callback event for expiry in reCaptcha API. Have added a bug ticket to monitor this issue further and see if I can track down a cause. If an error is thrown during your tests please let me know what it is so can further track down what's going on.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/5858

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #279421 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Impossible to register wrong captcha
After checking with recaptcha and latest build, I get error : cURL error 77:

Reverting back to internal code for now.

Do you know where it could come from ?

8 years 1 month ago #279430 by krileon
cURL error 77 means your server isn't setup for outbound HTTPS cURL calls due to certificate not working. The verify server at Google is HTTPS and is setup to set an HTTPS cURL call per Google documentation. You'll need to contact your host to have them fix this. Below is the error specifically.

curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html#CURLESSLCACERTBADFILE

You can try changing it to HTTP below, but I've no idea if it'll work.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbantispam/cbantispam.php
ON: Line 1050
$result							=	$client->get( 'https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify', array( 'query' => $body ) );
TO:
$result							=	$client->get( 'http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify', array( 'query' => $body ) );

Your other usages maybe validating the captcha in browser using JS. Don't know for sure as I didn't write those usages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

8 years 1 month ago #279442 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Impossible to register wrong captcha
Thanks a lot for this :-)
I did not check that curl needed a CA for ssl

So for people with the same kind of problem, I just added a line in the php.ini file like
curl.cainfo = pathTO/AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt

pointing to a decent Certificate Authority and restart http

Strange that we did not get the problem before as we used this for some months before seing this problem. Maybe an upgrade in ssl libraries ?

8 years 1 month ago #279452 by krileon
The HTTP request was changed to our Guzzle library usage instead of our old usage that was using fopen most likely.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn