[#5858] Impossible to register wrong captcha

8 years 1 month ago #279174 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Impossible to register wrong captcha
I reinstalled latest build of anti spam and it seemed to solve the problem :-(

Very strange I'll try to investigate further and let you know. Could it be related to CORS and htaccess as we use https ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #279220 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Impossible to register wrong captcha

Could it be related to CORS and htaccess as we use https ?

Shouldn't matter, but if latest release fixes it then it could've been a bug that's already fixed. Google reCaptcha sets a hidden input value using JS. Then on POST a CURL call is sent with the input valid to ensure it's valid. If the JS fails to set the input is then it'd fail to validate on POST, but likely validated fine in the browser. That's often where it fails and is usually due to already existing JS errors present on the page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #279244 by activha
Well we had and still have no js errors on those pages.
I keep watching and let you know if I find something
Thanks anyway
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

8 years 1 month ago #279370 by activha
Strangely our users have the same problem once again and we did not change anything on the server but update acymailing which has nothing to do.

For now I have set back the default captcha code of CB.Is it a problem ? are they any advantages of using Google ?

I cannot find where the problem lies as we have no js error (see activ-ha.com/inscription )

8 years 1 month ago #279374 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Impossible to register wrong captcha
Either are fine to use. The internal modes are going to be faster. I'm not sure how it's failing either. I've retested it several times and am unable to confirm your issue. Do you have caching enabled? If so it could be a Joomla or server side caching issue.

If the regular captcha mode is working then it's submitting the input perfectly fine for validation (both usages use the same API except during validation where 1 is an HTTP call to Google). Will review adding error output for the reCaptcha HTTP call to see if that's where it could be failing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #279375 by activha
yes we use jot components for cache system.
This is weird as recaptcha is working very well on other pages com_hotspots for instance (same API keys)

For now I'll stick with internal mode until you add error output.
Let me know, not that I like google, but version 2 is much nicer for users :-)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn