[SOLVED] [#6224] CB Auto action trigger for reconfirm email

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #285960 by crealiagroup
Hi, I've created an auto-action to assign a plan to a user if the domain of the email address match "mydomain.it". The trigger I've used is wehn user save profile.
I use the CB reconfirm email.

My problem is that I would have a trigger on when user reconfirm the email otherway in my case the acuto-action is executed even if the user do not confirm the email address.

How could I solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #285972 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto action trigger for reconfirm email
Please provide the exact trigger you're using. CB Reconfirm Email fires the normal profile update trigger so the below trigger should be fine to use.

onAfterUserUpdate

You'll also want to use the below trigger if you want it to work in backend too.

onAfterUpdateUser

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #285999 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic CB Auto action trigger for reconfirm email
I've used onAfterUserUpdate but the autoaction is fired soon as the user save the profile meanwhile I need that the autoaction is fired when user really confirm the email address.

7 years 7 months ago #286003 by krileon
Move CB Reconfirm Email to be ordered before CB Auto Actions then within your action under Parameters enable Reload User. Next under Conditions ensure the email even changed with the below condition.

[var1_email] Not Equal To [var3_email]

That should get rid of any oddities of it working against old emails or email addresses that aren't confirmed yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286025 by crealiagroup
Replied by crealiagroup on topic CB Auto action trigger for reconfirm email
Hi Kyle, seems NOT working... The auto action is not fired now.

7 years 7 months ago #286042 by krileon
It should only fire if the email changes. Since you're using reconfirm email it basically should never fire for a profile edit update, but only after they've confirmed the change. Your action probably should be configured as follows.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate
Type: Usergroups
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
1: [var1_email] Not Equal To [var3_email]

If that condition isn't working right you can try the below instead.

[email] Not Equal To [var3_email]

You can add your other conditions after you're sure it's working for your usage. You may or may not need to use Reload User. Sorry, I've never used the usage you're trying nor is the above tested. Adjust as needed. Note you can access URL variables with [get_VARIABLE] so worst case you check that the action is being fired on the confirm email page using its URL variables.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn