CB Gallery question

10 months 4 weeks ago #334005 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Gallery question
Well, seems like even if I set my autoaction to the last position, it's not being fired after the system actions.
Do you have an idea how to proceed then to get the privacy after the item has been uploaded ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 4 weeks ago #334006 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery question
You'd have to act on the privacy trigger to reliably do that or try grabbing the POST data yourself for the privacy rule.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 4 weeks ago #334007 by activha
Could you precise what you mean ?

I tried to copy the system privacy autoaction for gallery and move it above mine, same thing for the privacy plugin above the gallery plugin. This still gives privacy : null

Can you tell me if an item inherits the privacy settings of an album ? Uploading a new file in a private album still shows the file as public for instance.

10 months 4 weeks ago #334019 by krileon

I tried to copy the system privacy autoaction for gallery and move it above mine, same thing for the privacy plugin above the gallery plugin. This still gives privacy : null

Are they both acting on the same trigger? It's still entirely possible the privacy store hasn't happened yet when your auto action is processing. I'm sorry, I just don't have a solution for you in this regard. The only way to guarantee you can get the privacy rule after it has properly processed is to act on CB Privacy trigger, which is privacy_onAfterCreatePrivacyRule.

Can you tell me if an item inherits the privacy settings of an album ? Uploading a new file in a private album still shows the file as public for instance.

Album privacy doesn't override media privacy at this time. It only controls access to the album itself. Media privacy is separate. That will change in a future CB Gallery release where the integration will be more tightly coupled to CB Privacy instead of relying on CB Auto Actions to handle it as it will be easier to set media default privacy to album privacy then.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 1 week ago #334208 by activha

That will change in a future CB Gallery release where the integration will be more tightly coupled to CB Privacy instead of relying on CB Auto Actions to handle it as it will be easier to set media default privacy to album privacy then.

Do you have a timetable for this ?
That's way too difficult to edit an item and reflect its new privacy state in a vector store :-(
I mean that if I could inherit the album privacy rules, it becomes simple as the addition of the item to the vector store would be done with the perfect rule.

10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #334209 by krileon

Do you have a timetable for this ?

No.

I mean that if I could inherit the album privacy rules, it becomes simple as the addition of the item to the vector store would be done with the perfect rule.

Will see if I can have it verify the album privacy rule in addition to the media privacy rule, which should at least deal with privacy inheritance on access.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn