Displaying Paid Membership Selections Based Join Us field

3 months 2 weeks ago #336721 by eciudad
Thank you Krileon.

I really appreciate your help and I will adjust the settings as recommended. I know and understand that it is impossible for you to know every configuration but it is greatly appreciated that you provide me with the tools to accomplish the goals.

I removed the previous recommendation and I got all the membership selections back on on the registration page, see enclosed screen.

Now, I am going to try the new adjustments and see what we get.

Will advise.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336742 by eciudad
I made the following changes as recommended:

"Conditions on CB Fields to show plan at registration
And following CB Field: PROFILE_TYPE_FIELD_HERE
Condition: = (equal to)
Value: PERSONAL_OPTION_VALUE_HERE

Then apply that to plans that should only be available to personal profile types. You'd need to do the same for upgrade conditioning."

Now, I am getting the right upgrade selections, see screens  below:

The dilemma that I found myself and I do not know how to get there, is crossover on a upgrade from personal to business. I have tried to add another static condition for upgrade using "OR" from the previously recommended below

Dates / CB Fields Comparisons
Date A, Field A or Value A: Following CB field
CB Field A: PROFILE_TYPE_FIELD_HERE
Date B, Field B or Value B: Constant Value or String (CB substitutions can be used)
Value B: BUSINESS_OPTION_VALUE_HERE
Condition 1 (> for Dates): A <> B (Value A is different from Value B )

This does give me the crossover but the PROFILE_TYPE_FIELD_HERE needs to changed to "Y" and once it is done in the profile update the member it no required has to act on the upgrade. Is there a way to once PROFILE_TYPE_FIELD_HERE is changed to force a selection for the right membership upgrade?

Attachments:

3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #336748 by krileon
So you want to force them to select a membership once that field changes? There isn't any functionality for that. You could redirect them to the plan after updating their profile using CB Auto Actions when that field changes using a Redirect action though I suppose.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 2 weeks ago #336749 by eciudad
Thank you Krileon. I was looking if could something in the PROFILE_TYPE_FIELD_HERE integrations tab, like CB conditional? Will look around in the auto actions  and if not I move forward the way it is, since if members  do not subscribe, will not get the benefits of the advance membership.

3 months 1 week ago #336764 by krileon
You can use the below to trigger any auto action you like after a fields value changes.

Global
Triggers: onAfterUserUpdate
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1_FIELD_NAME]
Operator: Not Equal To
Value: [var3_FIELD_NAME]

Replace FIELD_NAME with the name of the field you want to check against. You can add extra conditions here as well. So for example if you want to check if the field value changed and it changed to a specific value then in addition to the above condition you'd have the following.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var1_FIELD_NAME]
Operator: Equal To
Value: SPECIFIC_VALUE_HERE

You could use this with a Redirect action to redirect to your plans URL (plan URLs are provided at the top of the plan in CBSubs > Plans while editing it) for example. It's probably not really necessary though as if they don't have an active subscription they simply won't have features for that subscription and can subscribe after changing their profile type.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 1 week ago #336765 by eciudad
Thank you Krileon.
Will try this solution and will advise.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn