Monthly payment processing every 2-days?

4 months 1 week ago #336284 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic Monthly payment processing every 2-days?
I have asked the client to speak with their Stripe account rep. about the discrepancy in the billing frequency.

You are confident that the request to setup monthly billing through CBSubs correctly configured the Stripe billing process?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 1 week ago #336285 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Monthly payment processing every 2-days?
Your configuration shouldn't be causing billing discrepancies like that. CBSubs itself does not trigger recurring billing. We tell Stripe to bill Y every X interval and Stripe is responsible for that billing. It then notifies CBSubs when that billing has happened and we react accordingly (e.g. renew their subscription). The question is are they actually being billed every 2 days/weeks or is this just a communication problem from Stripe. There's a big difference between the two in regards to what could be going wrong.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago #337207 by bizguy
The client had a conversation with their Stripe representative about this situation, which I was preparing to paste here, but I had a thought about the way I had configured the plans, so I thought to ask first.

Here is how I configured the monthly plan option:
  • Initial Validity duration - This calendar month
  • Regular Validity duration - This calendar month
Just to recap, the issue is that the billing periods created at Stripe are sometimes a month, every two weeks, every week, every 2 days. Just wondering if the This Calendar Month regular validity duration cycle is causing a variable billing cycle based on the day of the month, it is initiated? 

Let me know if I should provide the conversation with the Stripe Rep or change something.

2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #337208 by krileon
Calendar based recurring billing doesn't work with most payment provides, including Stripe. You need to be careful when using those billing durations for recurring payments. This is because payment provides are extremely strict on what the recurring intervals can be. In Stripe's case the maximum recurring billing cycles are as follows.

365 Days
12 Months
1 Year

How that's accomplished is up to you, but that's the limit. It has no concept of "calendar month". So you should be using 1 Month or 30 Days duration for your plans if you want monthly recurring.

When we redo all of this into token billing then literally any duration will be allowed as we'll be triggering payments from CBSubs instead of letting Stripe handle the recurring billing. For now please be mindful of payment provider limitations.

I've added a bug ticket to try and implement a fallback fix for by calendar durations as best as possible. So for example if By Calendar Month is selected will just force it into a 30 day duration.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9366

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 months 1 week ago #337209 by bizguy
Thanks Kyle.

I've configured the monthly subscriptions with an initial validity period of This Calendar Month and regular validity period of 1 Month to hopefully result in monthly credit card billing.

2 months 1 week ago #337216 by krileon
That should work perfectly fine since it's really the recurring period that's an issue for payment gateways. 👍

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.721 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn