[SOLVED] Error after Upgrading

3 months 3 weeks ago #336599 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Error after Upgrading
Thanks, Kyle.

The site that this post is related to is getting migrated soon and I agree that these sorts of issues are only going to get worse as time goes on.   

Your fixes are buying me a little more time so I appreciate you doing them.   CB/CBSubs is my go-to extension for member capabilities and I don't want to fall behind on the enhancements you are rolling out.

Thanks again for all the help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #336601 by AlexRag
Oh, Should I wait to get the Activity Feed issue fixed before I attempt migration to J4?

An error has occurred.
0 count(): Argument #1 ($value) must be of type Countable|array, null given
/home/.../libraries/CBLib/CBLib/AhaWow/Controller/Elements/TableBrowser.php:2984

3 months 3 weeks ago #336602 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error after Upgrading
That error isn't CB Activity specific. Joomla 3 API just returns NULL for object list queries when there's no results. PHP 8 doesn't accept NULL in count() anymore. So that's why you're getting that error. I'm implementing a workaround in core CB for this, but I do not suggest using PHP 8 on Joomla 3 or you're going to constantly run into deprecation issues. There's no need to wait on a fix for this.

As for the Kunena activity you don't need to wait on that either as it's not a migration problem, but a Kunena API issue that's being fixed to have backwards compatibility for Kunena 5 API. Those activity entries will simply just work again in tomorrows release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 months 3 weeks ago #336603 by AlexRag
Thank you! 

3 months 3 weeks ago #336617 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Error after Upgrading
Ok, a workaround for that error is now available. I can't be completely sure it'll resolve your issue, but our function now at least will try to always output an array instead of null.

New CB Activity build is also available with Kunena 5 API fixes so that should be working again now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

3 months 3 weeks ago #336638 by AlexRag
Happy to report that the workaround you set fixed the issue I had trying to access the activity logs. 
The Kunena activities are also now appearing in the feeds!  

THANK YOU!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn