Groupjive Access levels/Permissions and Events

12 years 6 months ago #182459 by raniko
OKay. Cool. Thanks. I'm using the Auto integration for Groupjive, but I'm having some trouble. As an example, I'm trying to join people to local groups based on a state field and a city field. The state field is a single choice multi selcet, the city is a text field at the moment. I have tried using the OnAfterRegistration trigger, selected the correct levels and tried

{fld city} Equal to New York
and
{fld cb_state} Equal to New York.

When I save these autos written this way and then re-open them, the condition disapears. The result is that they get joined to the group, but only because of the access level... When I add other conditions to join different groups this way, the conditions always disappear and users are being assigned groups only based on the acl.

I alwso tried using "Does Contain" instead of "Equal To" in the ex. above. That condition does seem to save (it is there when I close/open the auto) but the function itself is not working... i.e. the user does not get assigned to the group.

Can you tell me if I am doing something wrong with my equal to and does contain functions and provide me a quick example?

Many thanks-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #182467 by nant

raniko wrote: OKay. Cool. Thanks. I'm using the Auto integration for Groupjive, but I'm having some trouble. As an example, I'm trying to join people to local groups based on a state field and a city field. The state field is a single choice multi selcet, the city is a text field at the moment. I have tried using the OnAfterRegistration trigger, selected the correct levels and tried

and

When I save these autos written this way and then re-open them, the condition disapears. The result is that they get joined to the group, but only because of the access level... When I add other conditions to join different groups this way, the conditions always disappear and users are being assigned groups only based on the acl.

I alwso tried using "Does Contain" instead of "Equal To" in the ex. above. That condition does seem to save (it is there when I close/open the auto) but the function itself is not working... i.e. the user does not get assigned to the group.

Can you tell me if I am doing something wrong with my equal to and does contain functions and provide me a quick example?

Many thanks-

Added a ticket to investigate this issue:

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2990

Sorry for inconvenience - please subscribe to ticket to receive progress info.

12 years 6 months ago #182497 by raniko
Thank you. Can you tell me if the syntax is correct for what I'm entering into the conditional for the examples below? I'd like to rule that out as a possible error so that I can test appropriately on my end as well.

{fld city} Equal to New York (for a text field) ??

{fld cb_state} Equal to NY (for a single multi select dropdown fld) ??

{fld cb_interests} Does Contain some value (for a multi select dropdown field) ??

Thanks.

12 years 6 months ago #182601 by raniko
Hi guys. I am still hoping that you can assist with my previous post regarding syntax for CB groupjive auto. While waiting, I realized that there is a separate CB Auto Actions, outside of the groupjive auto plugin... Do I need to have that installed for the groupjive component to work correctly? If not, if I install CB Auto Actions, will there be a conflict with groupjive auto that will cause me more headaches? I am using joomla 1.7, CB 1.7, CB Subs 1.2.2.

Thanks

12 years 6 months ago #182611 by nant

raniko wrote: Hi guys. I am still hoping that you can assist with my previous post regarding syntax for CB groupjive auto. While waiting, I realized that there is a separate CB Auto Actions, outside of the groupjive auto plugin... Do I need to have that installed for the groupjive component to work correctly? If not, if I install CB Auto Actions, will there be a conflict with groupjive auto that will cause me more headaches? I am using joomla 1.7, CB 1.7, CB Subs 1.2.2.

Thanks

You do not need the CB Auto Actions plugin for this.

I will be doing some testing and will get back to you with my results.

12 years 5 months ago #183042 by krileon

and

The substitutions are not valid and will result in the action always failing. Please use the below.

[cb_city] Equal To New York
and
[cb_state] Equal To New York

The only time you'll need a Contains operator is if it's a multi-select fieldtype such as multi-checkbox, multi-dropdown, etc.. The operators are exactly as they state. For example if you use "Equal To" then the [cb_state] field for example must word for word match the value "New York".

The way conditions function is they compare 1 value to another value. Whether either of the values is a substitution or not is entirely up to you. For more on substitution usage please see tutorials within my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.434 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn