Groupjive Access levels/Permissions and Events

12 years 6 months ago #181781 by raniko
Thanks for the info. Think Im understanding a bit more about the workings of this, but I still do have the issue where people that have not joined a group and are not moderators or admins can still see, access and create topics in the groups forum area.
For example, I have two CB Plans with 2 user groups. Lets call them group a and b. Right now, only group a has been given the ability to join groups. Group b is completely cut off at the moment.

However, if a member of group b logs into CB and goes to the main groupjive page, he will see that he has no access to any categories and therefore, access to no groups either. However, when he goes over to the kunena forum, all of the categories and groups appear to him and are accessible as well. From what i think you are saying, this shouldn't be happening. I must still be missing something. If screenshots would help, I can send them over to you... Not sure which shots would even make the most sense for you to look at right now though.

Thanks again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #181804 by krileon
Ah, I see. Please provide Kunena version so can further investigate.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #181806 by krileon
Was able to investigate further and found the permission check for access inside of Kunena it self was too relaxed. I've fixed this for next release to ensure those that have access truly only have access. It currently is taking into consideration the public feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 6 months ago #181813 by raniko
Okay. So I went into groupjive, categories, integrations, forum and left "display" = "enabled" and set "public" = "No", but they still show up for the wrong users in Kunena. Is there another place where I need to turn off the public feature or is this going to be broken until the next release? I don't need any of these forums to appear publicly so switching that off globally is not an issue if it can be done. Thanks for your help.

12 years 6 months ago #181845 by raniko
As an update, I undid everything and started over from square 1. This time around, I made a special section for just the groupjive created forums (I was previously co-mingling them with kunena categories, which may have caused problems?) and it seems to be working properly, although, with limitations.

Is there any way to create more then one category to add groupjive groups to? The goal would be to create a few so that I can then create segregated access areas for different user groups. Having to set the category/group access at a global level doesn't really give me all of the desired functionality.

Also, is it possible to assign users to groups based on registration fields or just cb subs plans?

Thanks!

12 years 6 months ago #181902 by krileon

As an update, I undid everything and started over from square 1. This time around, I made a special section for just the groupjive created forums (I was previously co-mingling them with kunena categories, which may have caused problems?) and it seems to be working properly, although, with limitations.

Yes that would cause problems, GJ needs its own top level category. This is explained in the parameters description when configuring the GJ Forum integration.

Is there any way to create more then one category to add groupjive groups to? The goal would be to create a few so that I can then create segregated access areas for different user groups. Having to set the category/group access at a global level doesn't really give me all of the desired functionality.

1 Group = 1 Forum, it will not create multiple forums per group. You can create Nested groups and that will create sub-forums of that groups forum however.

Also, is it possible to assign users to groups based on registration fields or just cb subs plans?

Yes to both, for registration you can use the included GJ Auto integration as for CBSubs you can use the CBSubs GJ integration.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn