[SOLVED] CB & GroupJive problems & trick

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190218 by paintek
I'm back... i've got some problems that must be solved:

- Groupjive field. I have to hide some categories in the frontend (like nested group, i had disabled this field in configuration but it remain in "edit group" - & also - i wanna see all the group pubblic, i don't want to give the possibility to change it by the user) & i wanna to create extra field (like interest of the group: radio button); how i can do? i've got to edit the php file??? i can do an overrid coping the CB folder in my templete folder?

- Groupjive Breadcrumb. I don't understand why in my breadcrumb when i go to "category overview" i also see cbgroupjive. In general that's wrong, becouse if i go to a category i see that url: (home)>(group)>(category)>(cb groupjive - link to overview)>(overview)>(category)... it's possible to change that?

- what's the "abaout" field in the "create/edit group"?? i don't see where i can set this, but i see a blank tab if i set it to yes.

- it's possible, in the "create/edit group" menù (frontend) to see the name of the creator & not the id??? & also, it's possible to see the creator in the group overview????

- my groups required approvation of mod. it's possible to see the approval menù in the frontend?

- it's possible to integrate groupjive with skype or a chat system?

- i've set the possibility of a private forum area for the group (kunena 1.6/1.7), but i think it dosen't work... what's the mistake?

- hide the field "dropdown menù" (number of categories for page) & the box search in the category overview

- i've installed uddeim for PM & set the parameter for receive mail & PM but PM don't arrive... what's wrong?

Tnx & sorry for the papyrus -_-'
cheers!

ps.
joomla 1.7 - CB 1.7 - Groupjive 2.5 - kunena 1.7

why everything seems so obvious, after someone told it to you?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190231 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB & GroupJive problems & trick

- Groupjive field. I have to hide some categories in the frontend (like nested group, i had disabled this field in configuration but it remain in "edit group"

Site moderators are exempt from this. They can always use the parameter on frontend. Login as a registered user and test.

- & also - i wanna see all the group pubblic, i don't want to give the possibility to change it by the user)

Set the access parameter default and set the parameter to hide.

& i wanna to create extra field (like interest of the group: radio button); how i can do? i've got to edit the php file??? i can do an overrid coping the CB folder in my templete folder?

You can't add extra fields without creating a new integration to add them.

- Groupjive Breadcrumb. I don't understand why in my breadcrumb when i go to "category overview" i also see cbgroupjive. In general that's wrong, becouse if i go to a category i see that url: (home)>(group)>(category)>(cb groupjive - link to overview)>(overview)>(category)... it's possible to change that?

You're seeing the Joomla menu breakcrumb being added then GroupJives on top of it. You can remove "CB GroupJive" by removing or changing the title seen in GJ > Config > General > Global.

- what's the "abaout" field in the "create/edit group"?? i don't see where i can set this, but i see a blank tab if i set it to yes.

Click "Edit About" on the groups menu when viewing the group. It doesn't show in group edit.

- it's possible, in the "create/edit group" menù (frontend) to see the name of the creator & not the id???

No, that's for assigning who owns the group and the most unique and reliable way to do that is through user_id. Normal users do not see the "Owner" parameter. Only site moderators can use the "Owner" parameter.

& also, it's possible to see the creator in the group overview????

I suppose so if you edited the template and added that. All of GJ frontend is template driven. Please see the below location for GJs template files.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/

- my groups required approvation of mod. it's possible to see the approval menù in the frontend?

Don't understand as there is no approval menu or approval path. An approval page is planned for a later release. It's also planned to add workflows checking to the GJ module to quickly see what needs approved from the module.

- it's possible to integrate groupjive with skype or a chat system?

Probably, but it doesn't come with any such integration.

- i've set the possibility of a private forum area for the group (kunena 1.6/1.7), but i think it dosen't work... what's the mistake?

Run GJ tools and it'll check if it's private or not and if it's not a fix link is given to resolve the privacy settings.

- hide the field "dropdown menù" (number of categories for page) & the box search in the category overview

GJ > Config > Overview > Categories. From there you can disable various paging parameters such as limitbox and searching.

- i've installed uddeim for PM & set the parameter for receive mail & PM but PM don't arrive... what's wrong?

UddeIM needs to be configured to use CB (see UddeIM configuration) and CB needs to be configured to use UddeIM (see Private Message System plugin in CB > Plugin Management).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago #190356 by paintek
Replied by paintek on topic Re: CB & GroupJive problems & trick
- Site moderators are exempt from this. They can always use the parameter on frontend. Login as a registered user and test.
----

i've set: create group: yes / group need approval: yes / ACL group creation: registered (i0ve also tried with "all registered user")
but i don't see nothing in the frontend (normal user)
______

- Set the access parameter default and set the parameter to hide.
----
- i can't test it, becouse i don't see the "create group" link in frontend!
______

You can't add extra fields without creating a new integration to add them.
----
what do you means?
_____
You're seeing the Joomla menu breakcrumb being added then GroupJives on top of it. You can remove "CB GroupJive" by removing or changing the title seen in GJ > Config > General > Global.
----
ok, changed & it works. but the url of the menù it's very "nonsense". it's like this:
(home)>(link to group)>(category)>(the name i've set - link to overview)>(overview)>(category)
_____

Click "Edit About" on the groups menu when viewing the group. It doesn't show in group edit.
----
it works. it's possible to edit the max number of words?
______

No, that's for assigning who owns the group and the most unique and reliable way to do that is through user_id. Normal users do not see the "Owner" parameter. Only site moderators can use the "Owner" parameter.
----
ok, no problem!
_____

& also, it's possible to see the creator in the group overview????

I suppose so if you edited the template and added that. All of GJ frontend is template driven. Please see the below location for GJs template files.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbgroupjive/templates/
----
ok, but what i have to set?? sorry i'm not an "ultramaster" of php & i haven't so much time to do test (my client have so much haste)
_____

Don't understand as there is no approval menu or approval path. An approval page is planned for a later release. It's also planned to add workflows checking to the GJ module to quickly see what needs approved from the module.
---
so it's a question of time? ok, i can wait!
______

it's possible to integrate groupjive with skype or a chat system?
Probably, but it doesn't come with any such integration.
---
can you tell me some extension you're shure it works (also in private)?
______

Run GJ tools and it'll check if it's private or not and if it's not a fix link is given to resolve the privacy settings.
now i think it's work, but there are an error: field: format name not visible.. mmm what it means?

GJ > Config > Overview > Categories. From there you can disable various paging parameters such as limitbox and searching.
----
yeah, you're right... this was so stupid, sorry!

UddeIM needs to be configured to use CB (see UddeIM configuration) and CB needs to be configured to use UddeIM (see Private Message System plugin in CB > Plugin Management).
you're right, i haven't activate the plugin!

12 years 2 months ago #190394 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB & GroupJive problems & trick

i've set: create group: yes / group need approval: yes / ACL group creation: registered (i0ve also tried with "all registered user")
but i don't see nothing in the frontend (normal user)

Nested categories has nothing to do with Nested groups. A nested category is a category within a category. The only way to disable nested groups on a group by group basis is to edit those groups and disable it. You can also set globally in GJ backend to disable usage of nested groups and it'll prevent everyone but category owners and site moderators from creating nested groups. You can also set the nested parameter default within GJ backend.

- i can't test it, becouse i don't see the "create group" link in frontend!

Navigate to frontend, view a category, and on the categories menu should be a "Create Group" link.

what do you means?

Exactly as I've stated. You can't add extra fields without a new integration plugin (e.g. wall integration).

ok, changed & it works. but the url of the menù it's very "nonsense". it's like this:
(home)>(link to group)>(category)>(the name i've set - link to overview)>(overview)>(category)

Then edit the templates and remove GJs addition of pathways. Alternatively change how your Joomla menu links are structured as it's adding the "alias" to the breadcrumb.

it works. it's possible to edit the max number of words?

Nope, not for the About display.

ok, but what i have to set?? sorry i'm not an "ultramaster" of php & i haven't so much time to do test (my client have so much haste)

The creator on a groups page is already shown; see the Information box to the left below the Menu in the groups pane. If you want creator on the Category page then you'll need to edit "category_groups.php". Beyond that I can't help you with core edits, sorry.

can you tell me some extension you're shure it works (also in private)?

Nope, because I am not aware of any. Am just saying it's possible if someone develops it.

now i think it's work, but there are an error: field: format name not visible.. mmm what it means?

The formatname field as found in CB > Field Management isn't on a public and published tab or isn't set to be displayed on profile. The field can be on a tab that is in a not shown on profile position however to not display it on profile.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #190540 by paintek
Replied by paintek on topic Re: CB & GroupJive problems & trick
mmm... when you say a new integration plugin, you means that not exist yet? it's not possible to edit the php file?

for the question of the user display see the attachment (loged like a register user), i see the voice, but not the link to te user profile, only white space!

another question, how it work invites? i've set the possibility to invite friend, but there are no list to select or something like this, the only way are to type the name o to go to the user profile!

anywhere, tnx for all!

Attachments:

12 years 2 months ago #190561 by jojo12
Replied by jojo12 on topic Re: CB & GroupJive problems & trick
Hi,
you go to the group => invitations => new invitation. You mouse over, then it's written how: input ID or username or name or email.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn