Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB subscription module display plan name issue

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 3 months ago #192748 by dotcom22
I use the CB Subscriptions module and I choose to display current plan and upgrade possibility.

When we are subscriber of a plan (all my plans are exclusive), the current/active plan name is correctly displayed but I noticed when trying to subscribe/upgrade to another plan both plan name are displayed instead to only one. This happen even if we are no longer subscribed to an upgrade plan or even when subscribing to a plan without finalizing payment (offline payment).

It is normal and is how the module is supposed to work ?? Normally only one plan name must be displayed as current plan if all my plan are exclusive..

I had the 1.2 module version and even after upgraded to the last RC version the issue still present. I try to clean the Joomla and browser cache but no change..

any clue ?

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #192813 by krileon
Please provide a screenshot of what you're experiencing. If your plans are exclusive and they allow upgrade then based off your configuration it'll show your current plan then any other plans that are available for upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #192843 by dotcom22
take a look here:

sorturl.net/?24bd84

In fact I have a subscription for the plan "Coiffeur" and the upgrade possibility is to subscribe for "Gold".

During my test I subscribed for a limited time to plan "Gold" so the current plan was "Gold" without upgrade possibility. Now due to the fact the plan "Gold" is ended, I'm "coiffeur" but like you can see the current plan is "Coiffeur" AND "Gold" with a possibility to upgrade to "Gold"...

If I login with a user who have never upgraded to "Gold" the display result is correct and the current plan is "coiffeur" only with upgrade possibility to "Gold"..

any clue ?

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by dotcom22.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #192848 by krileon
Believe this is working as intended as Gold isn't actually expired yet, but just upgraded. Once what they paid for actually expires it should go away. Please try expiring the subscription from backend and seeing if it goes away from current subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #192937 by dotcom22

Once what they paid for actually expires it should go away.

Yes after payment (tested using offline mode and well confirmed the invoice from Basket area), the old plan name "coiffeur" is hidden and the new/current plan "gold" is displayed. However when the Gold plan expire (I tested with a duration of 5min) both plan name are always displayed as current plan, with upgrade option to Gold (like you can see here sorturl.net/?24bd84 )

Some other general questions:

1) When using Offline payment if a user confirm his payment, I get the related pending "invoice" inside the basket area. Now if for any reason the user repeat again the Offline payment process (just after the first attempt of even next days), the user will get displayed onscreen "one order is already pending and awaiting payment" with ability to pay again. This seem to me normal because the system have detected this user have a Offline pending payment and propose to him to pay again (in the case for example user prefer now pay Online with credit card). However every time the user start a offline payment, I get another new invoice... It is normal?? Typically if a user have a pending offline invoice, the system must not create again others invoice. This can be annoying because I'm supposed to track all false/bad attempt + delete useless invoices and keep only one invoice for manually confirm/pay when I get the money on my bank account.

It is not better to generate only one invoice until his manual confirmation/payment instead to generate many invoice ??

2) I setup the renewal of my plan for be "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date – whichever happens last (allows free gap)". I don't see any problem about that when user paid immediately with credit cart...but when user pay with Offline method, the system will take care to the real payment date I will set manually in the basket area??? I ask this just for be sure the renewal will really start to the payment date set manually...

3) About Email workflow texts (On Presentation Tab of plan), I don't understand in which case the "Email on cancellation by user" must be used. In fact I have a free life time plan and another who is a paid plan but if I'm not wrong no option are available for let users cancel by themselves an active subscription...

4) I tried to setup some Email workflow texts (tested using plain text and also html) and inside the field related to the first plan activation I inserted this string: _UE_EMAIL_FIRST_ACTIVATION_BODY

After inside my CBSuBS language french file I inserted this translation code:

'_UE_EMAIL_FIRST_ACTIVATION_BODY' => 'hello [firstname],

many thank for your <strong>GOLD</strong> subscription.

All the best',

...but when I receive my email notification my translation is not present and I get only _UE_EMAIL_FIRST_ACTIVATION_BODY.

Any clue ?

5) I don't understand well the CB concept about users Blocked and/or Approved. If a user is not approved that mean his account is blocked and login is not possible for him. Same thing if user is blocked because we can consider is not approved and login is always impossible... What is the real difference ???

I ask this because the warning message displayed when trying to login when user is only blocked is:

>>> Your login is blocked.

When is only unapproved:

>>> Your request for registration was rejected!

When is both blocked AND unapproved is also:

>>> Your request for registration was rejected!

So the fact to not be already approved but not blocked (in case for example moderator have not take the time to review a new registration) mean the user is rejected ??

any clue about?

thank

Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by dotcom22.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 3 months ago #192974 by krileon

1) When using Offline payment if a user confirm his payment, I get the related pending "invoice" inside the basket area. Now if for any reason the user repeat again the Offline payment process (just after the first attempt of even next days), the user will get displayed onscreen "one order is already pending and awaiting payment" with ability to pay again. This seem to me normal because the system have detected this user have a Offline pending payment and propose to him to pay again (in the case for example user prefer now pay Online with credit card). However every time the user start a offline payment, I get another new invoice... It is normal?? Typically if a user have a pending offline invoice, the system must not create again others invoice. This can be annoying because I'm supposed to track all false/bad attempt + delete useless invoices and keep only one invoice for manually confirm/pay when I get the money on my bank account.

Known issue as #3068 marked for CBSubs 1.3 (not yet fixed).

It is not better to generate only one invoice until his manual confirmation/payment instead to generate many invoice ??

Yes.

2) I setup the renewal of my plan for be "Renewal starts at expiration date or at payment date – whichever happens last (allows free gap)". I don't see any problem about that when user paid immediately with credit cart...but when user pay with Offline method, the system will take care to the real payment date I will set manually in the basket area??? I ask this just for be sure the renewal will really start to the payment date set manually...

This means when you pay their subscription it becomes active from that day onward. Up until that point their subscription will not be active and they will not lose time off their subscription.

3) About Email workflow texts (On Presentation Tab of plan), I don't understand in which case the "Email on cancellation by user" must be used. In fact I have a free life time plan and another who is a paid plan but if I'm not wrong no option are available for let users cancel by themselves an active subscription...

It's an email to send if a user unsubscribes manually. There should be an unsubscribe button below their active subscriptions if you haven't disabled the unsubscribe button from CBSubs > Settings.

...but when I receive my email notification my translation is not present and I get only _UE_EMAIL_FIRST_ACTIVATION_BODY.

Review the source of the editor textarea as you likely have a "p" surrounded element. Many editors add some sort of surrounding tag which will prevent your translation from working.

5) I don't understand well the CB concept about users Blocked and/or Approved. If a user is not approved that mean his account is blocked and login is not possible for him. Same thing if user is blocked because we can consider is not approved and login is always impossible... What is the real difference ???

Joomla does not have Approval. So to allow CB to stop a user from logging in when they're not approved we must set Block, which is in Joomlas _users table. If they're approved and confirmed but blocked then they're basically banned from using their entire account (they can never login). However you choose to use these features is entirely up to you.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon