Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB subscription module display plan name issue

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 2 months ago #193007 by dotcom22
thank for all reply to all question, however I'm always unclear about my first issue who was related to CBsubs Plan Name and his related module.

In fact do you confirm a Plan name will be always displayed in the module if a user had previously upgraded to this plan but now the plan is no more active? Like I say for users who have a lifetime subscription and have upgraded to a more "higher" plan who is no more active, both name are displayed instead to display only the name of lifetime plan... I would like of course display only the name of current active plan and not all upgraded/terminated plan name.

Review the source of the editor textarea as you likely have a "p" surrounded element. Many editors add some sort of surrounding tag which will prevent your translation from working.

No because I added my string inside the simple textarea of "Email on first activation" who is not a WYSIWYG editor... Can you confirm my code is correct and translation can be supported in that place ??

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beat
  • beat
12 years 2 months ago #193050 by beat
Btw, in case you didn't notice, the CBSubs module is open-source and you can personalize it to your will. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193092 by dotcom22

beat wrote: Btw, in case you didn't notice, the CBSubs module is open-source and you can personalize it to your will. :)

Ok but unfortunately I don't have required php knowledges for make customization. Now if you tell me what code is needed to modify/add I can of course do that by myself... Maybe you can also plan to add an option in the module config for let us choose to show current subscription OR only current ACTIVE subscription.

Actually I think is a bit confusing for users to show their current subscription without differentiate which is active and which not. A inactive subscription can not be considerate a current subscription...

Please I'm waiting also your reply about the fact to be able to translate email notification..

thank

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by dotcom22.

• beat
  • beat
12 years 2 months ago #193096 by beat
I don't think that CBSubs module shows inactive subscriptions as active.

It may be still active subscriptions, which are in the grace period you defined in the plan ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

• dotcom22
  • dotcom22
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #193108 by dotcom22
Ok in fact I solved the problem... I tried using my production site and all is fine. The issue was on my DEV site who is a bit messy and I think something is not well configured somewhere...

Still waiting reply about the fact to be able to translate plan email notification.. Something is not clear for me about how I must translate that notification... For what I understand I can add in any email notification (text and textarea field) a language string like EMAIL_FIRST_ACTIVATION_BODY. Then I must add the related translation inside my CBSUBS language file (for example french.php) using one of the following coding method (the second method allow normally to insert html):

"EMAIL_FIRST_ACTIVATION_BODY" => "My translation",

OR

'EMAIL_FIRST_ACTIVATION_BODY' => '<strong>My translation</strong>',

...but none of them work...

any suggestion please?

thank

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by dotcom22.

• krileon
  • krileon
12 years 2 months ago #193282 by krileon
Your translation usage is correct, but you need to ensure there is no surrounding elements on your EMAIL_FIRST_ACTIVATION_BODY string. Best think to do is check your _cbsubs_plans database table and see exactly how the description got stored as that's exactly how it must be translated from. You'll want to add the string to the English and French language files as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon