[#4627] field wont save when I click save

9 years 8 months ago #247654 by nant
Replied by nant on topic field wont save when I click save

mfe13 wrote: Hi,
Is CB 2.0 work only on php 5.4.22 or later because impossible to install on php 5.2.13 and MySQL: 5.0.44
;(
thanks

Please see this:

www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html

Joomla will not work on php 5.2.13 which by the way actually died 3 years, 7 months ago

php.net/eol.php

CB 2.0 RC should install just fine with similar requirements as Joomla has.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247774 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic field wont save when I click save

But still have this problem WILL CB2.0 fix the problem?

CB 2.0 just changes the tables to InnoDB. The issue is truly a database storage issue. InnoDB should easily allow for hundreds of fields. At this time we've no other suggested fixes except changing the fields database column type from varchar to text for text fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #248042 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic field wont save when I click save
Problem still present how do I private message you?
Thanks

9 years 8 months ago #248060 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic field wont save when I click save
I've added your topic to the below ticket. We will be investigating why this fix does not sometimes work. At this time my guess is due to MYSQL version, but we won't know more until we've done further investigate and research.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4627

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 8 months ago #248082 by nant

matthewdavey wrote: Problem still present how do I private message you?
Thanks

Please send me superadmin access and phpmayadmin access and I will take a look.

To PM me just click on my avatar and then use the Send message menu item.

9 years 8 months ago #248204 by nant

nant wrote:

matthewdavey wrote: Problem still present how do I private message you?
Thanks

Please send me superadmin access and phpmayadmin access and I will take a look.

To PM me just click on my avatar and then use the Send message menu item.

FYI

#4627 added here:

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/4627

Thanks for your help with this.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn