[#4627] field wont save when I click save

9 years 9 months ago #247325 by matthewdavey
Replied by matthewdavey on topic field wont save when I click save
No when I Try to make a new field and click save I get that blue screen and does not save
no error or extra messages on the screen.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #247347 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic field wont save when I click save
You've hit database column size limits. You'll need to edit your _comprofiler database tables and change their table engine to InnoDB, which should allow for a significantly more amount of fields. CB 1.x uses MyISAM, which you can get about 100 fields with (maybe more depending on the type of fields).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 9 months ago #247357 by matthewdavey
Ok thanks how do I do this in CBuilder field management it says I can have 5000 fields see attached
Please help
Thanks
Attachments:

9 years 9 months ago #247359 by nant
Replied by nant on topic field wont save when I click save

matthewdavey wrote: Ok thanks how do I do this in CBuilder field management it says I can have 5000 fields see attached
Please help
Thanks

That is just the paging limit.

9 years 9 months ago #247373 by matthewdavey
Ok can you help me fix this problem and how?
Thanks

9 years 9 months ago #247376 by nant
Replied by nant on topic field wont save when I click save

krileon wrote: You've hit database column size limits. You'll need to edit your _comprofiler database tables and change their table engine to InnoDB, which should allow for a significantly more amount of fields. CB 1.x uses MyISAM, which you can get about 100 fields with (maybe more depending on the type of fields).

Kyle has given you the way to fix.

Please use phpmyadmin to change a;; _comprofile database tables to InnoDB.

You should be able to find phpmyadmin on your hosting panel - if not ask your hosting helpdesk for assistance.

stackoverflow.com/questions/6921506/how-to-change-storage-engine-of-database-in-phpmyadmin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.774 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn