Problem with build 2.8.0 2023.02.23

1 year 2 months ago #332972 by fkrauth
Problem with build 2.8.0 2023.02.23 was created by fkrauth
Hi,
I am using the params field to show the core-Joomla privacy consent field in the registration form.
After installing build 2.8.0 2023.02.23 this field is not shown anymore.
When I rollback to build 2.8.0 2023.01.27, the field shows up again.

Could you please check? I need the core Joomla privacy consent field in the registration form.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Frank

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 2 months ago #332973 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with build 2.8.0 2023.02.23
Joomla 3 or Joomla 4? Appears to be displaying perfectly fine for me in my tests on Joomla 4. Please be sure your Joomla privacy consent plugin is configured properly (published and public access) in addition to the params field in CB > Field Management being configured to display on registration.

Additionally is there a reason you're using Joomla's privacy consent plugin over CB's Terms and Conditions fields? You can force them to verify consent by toggling that on in Community Builder System plugin within Extensions > Plugins. This would give you an unlimited amount of terms and conditions fields that you could verify consent for as needed and integrates directly with CB.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:

1 year 2 months ago #332974 by fkrauth
Replied by fkrauth on topic Problem with build 2.8.0 2023.02.23
Hi!
It is Joomla 4. I am using this for a long time now. The field just disappears with build 2.8.0 2023.02.23 and appears again when I downgrade to 2.8.0 2023.01.27.
The usage has historical reasons. And for my knowledge, using CB would require to start all over again, right? No migration of the consent from core Joomla to CB, right?

Best,
Frank

1 year 2 months ago #332980 by krileon
I'm not sure what to suggest. It's displaying fine for me. Within Extensions > Plugins unpublished "Community Builder System plugin" and go to Joomla's registration page (URL below) and see if it shows on Joomla's. If it doesn't then something isn't configured properly. Note you may need to turn on Joomla's registration if turned off in Users > Options to test this, but suggest turning it back off once done.

index.php?option=com_users&view=registration

And for my knowledge, using CB would require to start all over again, right? No migration of the consent from core Joomla to CB, right?

You could migrate from Joomla's to CBs using a database query. Joomla's privacy consent state and consent date are stored in _privacy_consents and CBs is in _comprofiler as 2 columns 1 for state and 1 for date for each terms and conditions field (their column names are same as your field names). The below for example would migrate Joomla's privacy consent to CBs acceptedterms terms and conditions field.
UPDATE `jos_comprofiler` AS cb
 INNER JOIN `jos_privacy_consents` AS j
 ON j.`user_id` = cb.`id`
 SET cb.`acceptedterms` = j.`state`, cb.`acceptedtermsconsent` = j.`created`

Note if you use the above be sure to adjust the jos_ table prefix to whatever yours is. If your privacy consent is a separate field just replace "acceptedterms" in the above with your fields name.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #332983 by fkrauth
Replied by fkrauth on topic Problem with build 2.8.0 2023.02.23
Thanks, but please keep in mind that I do touch my configuration at all. I am just updating the component. And this causes the consent to disappear. I guess it has to be an issue in the new build. The consent appears again when I rollback.

1 year 2 months ago #332984 by krileon
The way we were previously loading Joomla's registration and profile edit fields was directly loading the XML. We're using Joomla API now. So Joomla's API is not outputting that field. That typically means it's not configured correctly. Please perform the steps mentioned above to make sure it's rendering on Joomla's registration form. If it is we can investigate further. If it isn't then please check your configuration until it does.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.611 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn