Problem with build 2.8.0 2023.02.23

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #332986 by fkrauth
Replied by fkrauth on topic Problem with build 2.8.0 2023.02.23
When I disable the CB System Plugin and enable the Core Joomla user registration and try to register, I only get a message "Please login or register to view the profile".
Unsure if this can work at all as the menu item is a CB menu and not a Core Joomla menu item?

Edit: but when I create a new public menu item for the Core Joomla registration page, the consent field is shown.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #332987 by fkrauth
Ok - sorry for the misunderstanding with the menu item.
Yes, the consent field is rendering on Joomla's registration form when I turn off the CB System Plugin.

1 year 1 month ago #332988 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with build 2.8.0 2023.02.23
Please PM backend super user login credentials (see link in signature) and will take a look. Am unable to reproduce in test environments so not sure why it isn't working for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #332989 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with build 2.8.0 2023.02.23
Have reviewed your install. You have "Allow CMS User Parameters" set to "No" in CB > Configuration > User Profile. Setting this to "Yes" will resolve your issue. That toggles on/off usage of Joomla's params. I've toggled it on for you and confirmed it's displaying fine now. It displaying while this was set to "No" would've been a bug, which appears now fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #332990 by fkrauth
Thanks a lot, Kyle for looking into the topic! I really appreaciate your professional support :-)
I wish you a nice weekend!

Frank
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

1 year 1 month ago #332999 by fkrauth
Hi Kyle,

Sorry, I need to reopen the topic.
Although the field (privacy consent) is now shown in the registration, it does not work (as if it is not writable).
Registration will always fail as my default is "no consent". Changing it to 'yes' has no effect and registration is unsuccessful with the message that the consent is necessary.

Best,
Frank

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.565 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn