Problem with CB Google Translate

1 year 5 months ago #331045 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with CB Google Translate
It's not CB or anything related to CB that's erroring it's Google's own JavaScript loaded in from Google that is. Regarding what's causing it I don't know. If you modified beez3 template try downloading a fresh Joomla 3 package from Joomla.org and comparing the files and reverting some of your modifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #331046 by Phobos94
Replied by Phobos94 on topic Problem with CB Google Translate
That's what I'll do, I'll let you know! thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

1 year 5 months ago #331072 by Phobos94
Good morning!
I just partially solved the problem. I have already started by deactivating / activating each plugin, one by one, without conclusive result. I then looked in the Firefox developer command for all the error messages and looked at each message one by one. I found, after multitudes of google searches, that some webmasters had problems displaying Google ads because of what is called MooTools. So I installed DJQueryMonster (plugin to disable MooTools) and obviously the Google translation works again. On the other hand, I manage to have the drop-down menu in CB-Login only when I am offline (and not online). Currently I'm in the testing phase because I'm afraid that DJQueryMonster will prevent other plugins from working...

1 year 5 months ago #331080 by krileon
Yeah MooTools can cause a lot of problems as it rebinds some common global scope variables. I'm not sure why it would be loading on frontend though as it's more commonly used for some backend things in Joomla. It might be a plugin using it or beez3 (note beez3 is a very old template).

I believe the only frontend core Joomla components using it are contacts, newsfeed, and weblinks. It does look like beez3 and beez5 are just loading it in but not really using it for some reason.

Personally I recommend considering making the move to Joomla 4 in the near future, which would also mean new template and no MooTools conflicts to deal with. There's unfortunately nothing we can do about this though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 5 months ago #331085 by Phobos94
Thanks for your feedback.
I'm afraid, when moving to Joomla 4, that many things will be incompatible and I think the task is tedious... I have the impression that by deactivating MooTools, I can no longer edit my articles via the Frontend for example...

1 year 5 months ago #331089 by krileon
You shouldn't need to disable it globally. It just needs to be disabled in beez3 if not actually being used by beez3. Loading it on every page should be unnecessary. Default protostar template for example does not load it on every page.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.815 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn