[#2572] GJ and Kunena Group Members cannot access forums

12 years 4 months ago #185350 by krileon
I recommend creating a new installation of just Joomla, Kunena, CB, and GroupJive. For the life of me I can not duplicate your issue. I've created a total of 6 clean installs with various versions of Joomla and can not confirm your issue. I've no idea what's causing the storage issues, but something is completely breaking the way forum categories are stored and accessed.

As I've stated already though there is a bug with access permissions to forums so do not expect them to work properly and I've already fixed that for next release.

What concerns me is why your Group forums are not creating or fixing properly. Is this still a problem when creating a new group?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185353 by krileon
Was able to find a problem with the save function of forums (set function works fine) which is probably why the fixing of existing forums wasn't working properly. I've fixed this for next release as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #185354 by iglew
Krileon, thanks for the prompt response. I think we may be at cross purposes, you've fixed 90% of the problems, groups are correctly visible and accessible by the relevant groups from gj. The majority of groups are correctly visible and accessible from kunena. There are now just 5 exceptions out of 35. (3 of which relate to admin)

The only bits remaining are a couple of permission issues but you've fixed all the other permission issues but we don't understand what you did to make them work. e.g. admin previously could not access the All councillors forum from kunena but after your last visit they can so you obviously fixed something. Is it possible for you to explain what you did as you fixed so much?

Would the permissions bug explain these 5 instances?

Most users can correctly access the correct forums from either gj or kunena with no permissions errors which they could not do before! The only thing not working is a member of the clerks group can see but not access the forum from kunena. We can live with admins not accessing from the forum!

We will test the creation of new groups and do a clean install as suggested, this will take a few days so bear with us but we will report back.

We will also delete the old fireboard records in the db which the conversion to Kunena left. This is the only site where the forum was upgraded from fireboard. We have not had any problems on newer sites where fireboard was never installed.

Many Thanks

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185366 by krileon
It seams the getAllowedForumsRead trigger is not properly executing. I've reviewed the issue further and it never fires for admins! It seams to be ACL based. This trigger is provided by Kunena. I've contacted them directly and will be seeing what can be done regarding this as it severally hurts GJs ability to control category access.

For now there's nothing I can do about this and access will be broken on J1.7 (works fine J1.5). I've provided you a GJ 2.5 beta build and installed it for you for your troubles.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 4 months ago #185367 by iglew
We've backup live and restored to a dev server.

We created a new group in the admin backend. Correctly recorded in kunena categories.

User joined ok and accessed forum from gj ok. user accessed forum from kunena with no problems. Created post in forum, saved ok and correctly shown in gj.

Tested view access rights with another user - kunena no view gj display correct i.e. works

Then User created group in gj - nested, published at backend. kunena correctly includes in categories.

Whatever you did seems to have fixed the group and categories issue between gj & kunena

12 years 4 months ago #185368 by krileon

Whatever you did seems to have fixed the group and categories issue between gj & kunena

Installed a Beta GJ 2.5 build. There's still an issue with the access trigger and admins however am investigating further.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn