[#2572] GJ and Kunena Group Members cannot access forums

12 years 4 months ago #185482 by iglew
Thanks will do but it's definitely stopped on live we got the error msg from dev which does not have your fix on?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185525 by krileon
You lost me, what error message? The query error is coming from CB Blogs which you need to update to latest release to resolve.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #185612 by iglew
Sorry ignore brain out to lunch

12 years 4 months ago #185614 by iglew
GJ 2.4

We restored the site with GJ 2.4 to a subdirectory of the live site. The live site still has your rc2.5 running.

As we advised earlier this seemed to be working but for users admin and clerk regarding groups All Clerks and SLCC Members

What concerned us was the lack of consistency in the accessibility. So...

1) We unpublished the broken groups
2) We created new groups - Clerks and SLCC
3) Updated autojoin to point to the new groups

Results...
1) All forum groups are correctly accessible and visible from GJ2.4 and Kunena
2) Users are correctly joined to relevant groups
3) Forum posts work correctly and are accessible from GJ2.4 and Kunena
4) Users can create groups with no issues
5) To sum up it works
6) The function icons still do not display but so what!

Why?
1) In our experience software fails or works consistently for a given set of conditions
2) Group access was failing for the 2 groups of users which had existed when a much earlier attempt at using groups was tried. The failing groups were again the original groups where permissions were denied
3) Creating the new groups appears to have allowed Kunena to start afresh.
4) We suspect that the issue lies with Kunena NOT GJ2.4
5) The workround appears to be unpublish any old groups and create new groups ensuring that auto join is redirected to the new groups.

Firstly we would like to thank you for the time you spent on the initial GJ2.4 issue. We will deal with GJ2.5rc in a separate post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185620 by iglew
GJ2.5rc

As the rc is not publically available our testing has had to be much more circumspect.

1) Blogs was turned off to ensure that it did not interfere with any testing

2) Autojoin does not seem to be working after adding all the relevant conditions.
3) We unpublished all autojoins save Other
4) We removed the condition so that it should fire under all the defined triggers - it does not seem to fire?
5) When users try to create a group in GJ they receive the error message "Not Authorized"
6) When the user tries to create a new group from user profile>Group Tab user gets message "Groups failed to save category not specified" - The category field is not accessible on the create group form.
7) When a user views another users my groups in the profile they can see the Leave option, clicking this deletes the active user from that group if they are a member. It also seems to delete that group from the users profile but not from GJ2.5
8) Our test generated an email which advised that user Clerk had left Scottish Group BUT the profile related to Councillor. Councillor was removed from the group by user Clerk and Clerk was never a member of group Scottish Group

Hope that this helps with your testing and development of GJ2.5 - it's a great product.

Our issue is that without autojoin and users being able to create groups we're not sure how to proceed. We are much more relaxed however having fixed our copy of GJ2.4 as we have a plan B

We felt we should consult with you as you've put so much work into our issues and GJ2.5

At some point we do need to turn user registration back on. In the interim we are happy to keep testing GJ2.5rc

Best Regards

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185676 by krileon
Simply install GJ 2.4 over GJ 2.5 to downgrade it. I've no idea what's wrong with the live site, but it doesn't seam to behave properly. I can't confirm any of those issues on any of my installs so I've no clue what's going on. Once GJ 2.5 RC is officially released feedback will be greatly welcomed.

Good to keep in mind your beta build is out of date. I've applied fixes that you do not have, including one regarding the category drop-down not showing up in group edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn