[#2572] GJ and Kunena Group Members cannot access forums

12 years 4 months ago #185467 by iglew
We've now spent 3 man days on this.

We did a repeated the clean install on a subdirectory of the live system which you are welcome to test. This gave the same results as the dev system. This like dev is using GJ 2.4. Further testing showed that if the category was saved, each group saved and the groups in kunena saved user access works. The same applies to the dev server.

The only issue is that a user who is not a member of the group can access from Kunena.

So with GJ 2.4 the issue seems to be caching as saving probably flushes the cache.

We can live with the preceding.

However you kindly installed 2.5rc on our system and as we've detailed earlier the access works from GJ OK but not from Kunena - that is consistent and we could live with that. Live we can live without forums but we cannot live without a working autojoin.

The 2.5 auto join seems to be broken and we've had to turn off registration.

We're now faced with having to install a backup pre 2.5 onto our live system if you cannot fix auto join.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185469 by krileon
Fixed auto plugin is now installed. Problem with the new datalayer usage resulting in query failing.

Please note if you had Conditions in place you will need to redo them as GJ 2.5 adds unlimited condition potential so the usage was redone.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #185472 by iglew
Thanks will go and play. We've also explained why when we turned on debug we got a 500 error about a broken join.

As we've built the clean bare install on a subdirectory of live do you want the path and users?

12 years 4 months ago #185475 by krileon

Thanks will go and play. We've also explained why when we turned on debug we got a 500 error about a broken join.

What is the error exactly? It maybe fixed by the auto integration I just provided as there was a bug with how it was using the datalayer functions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #185479 by iglew
Sorry excuse our stupidity should have reported as soon as found. It occurred whenever a user tried to access their profile. Header as follows

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1140 - Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT(),...) with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause SQL=SELECT COUNT(*), a.`id`, a.`title`, a.`access`, a.`introtext` AS blog_intro, a.`fulltext` AS blog_full, a.`state` AS published, a.`created`, a.`modified`, a.`ordering`, b.`id` AS section_id, b.`title` AS section_name, c.`id` AS category_id, c.`title` AS category_name, d.`id` AS user_id, d.`name` AS user_name, d.`username` AS user_username FROM `jos_content` AS a LEFT JOIN `jos_sections` AS b ON a.`sectionid` = b.`id` LEFT JOIN `jos_categories` AS c ON a.`catid` = c.`id` LEFT JOIN `jos_users` AS d ON a.`created_by` = d.`id` WHERE a.`sectionid` = 34 AND a.`access` <= 2 AND a.`created_by` = 72 AND b.`published` = 1 AND b.`access` <= 2 AND c.`published` = 1 AND c.`access` <= 2

The error no longer occurs on the live system - you seem to have fixed it

We were trying to isolate it by turning off every component and plugin 1 by 1

Thanks and regards - if you need anything else just ask

12 years 4 months ago #185480 by krileon
That's coming from CB Blogs, please install the latest release (CB Blogs 2.1.0) where the above issue is resolved.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn