[#2572] GJ and Kunena Group Members cannot access forums

12 years 4 months ago #185104 by krileon

- kunena shows the access level as "community builder:0" is this expected?

Yes, this is correct.

- sysadmin can see all and post

Also correct.

- group moderator can access the forum & see via GJ but cannot post and the kunena category dropdown does not display the relevant group(s) of which the user is a moderator

I just don't see how this is possible. GJs protection is cut and dry YES or NO. It's not half-protection. You can't have read access and yet not have post access. That's just not how GJs protection works.

There may be a connection with groups to which users are autojoined at registration?

Nope, the protection is dynamic and on the fly. As a user joins so does their permissions change.

Anything else we should check? wall, about, invite and events all work OK with no issues

I've no idea. You seam to have some sort of other permission problem present. Maybe a menu link or something is causing permissions to be based off the menus access.

Please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look to see what maybe causing this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185193 by iglew
Thanks have pm'd you access details and some more info

regards

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185219 by krileon
The access trigger was never executing for your install. I reinstalled Kunena 1.7.1 (no loss of data of course) and re-saved (changed nothing) your configuration. I've now confirmed it's working as expected. Please also confirm is working now. I also fixed your Kunena menu so Itemids are now properly generated for forum links.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185237 by iglew
Firstly thank you for the prompt response and taking a look. However it is still behaving strangely.

1) a sysadmin cannot access the group forums from kunena - gets usual you do not have permission message
2) user resident does not go to the residents group in the forum but the welsh councils forum of which they are not a member. resident cannot access the clerks or slcc kunena forums but can access welsh forums in kunena
3) user clerk goes to the correct forum from gj ie all clerks and slcc, but cannot access those forums from kunena
4 user test1 is a member of the others gj group but goes to the welsk kunena group

excluding the All groups forum (category) which is created in kunena there are 7 groups...

- All Residents - auto NOT created in kunena
- All Councillors - auto NOT created in kunena
- All Clerks - auto created in kunena
- SLCC members - auto created in kunena
- Other Members - auto NOT created in kunena
- Scottish councils NOT created in kunena
- Welsh Councils created in kunena

All have been greated in gj and work correctly users are correctly autojoined but only 4 are created in kunena (inc cat group)

Was reviewing forum when noticed that a different 3 groups were displayed. Went to groups in gj and saved the first 3 groups, went back to forum and those were the sub categories displayed. So gj seems to be creating groups but has a restriction of 3 so seems to bump the older gj groups in the forum.

In the dim past fireboard had a restriction on the number of child categories but have checked kunena configuration and table in mysql and no restriction seems to exist.

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185272 by krileon
Somehow you had forum categories that existed in DB, but weren't setup properly (incomplete rows). Not sure how that happened, but I was able to restore all your forums for all groups. Will have to review how forums are stored for GJ 2.5 and look into utilizing the Kunena API for K1.7 (wanted to wait for K2.0). I've no idea how this happened.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185339 by iglew
Thank you for your usual excellent service. Sorry for the delay in replying but we wanted to comprehensively test the gj forum integration from a user viewpoint.
We've done 70 tests to ensure everything's working - full test schedule is attached.

We tested that for each user - admin, clerk, councillor, resident or other that they could view the correct forums in gj and access the forums from gj. We then tested that the user could see and access the correct group forums from kunena.

All tests were passed by the following groups Councillor, Resident and Other

User Clerk could view and access the correct forums from gj but from kunena they could see the correct forum but for both forums (All Clerks and SLCC) they were refused access with the usual you do not have permission error

2 admin users were tested to ensure that the results were consistent. All groups could be seen and accessed correctly from GJ. There were 3 failures when testing access to the forums from Kunena. These were All Clerks, SLCC Members and Welsh Councils

We would be grateful if you could work your magic and fix the last problems.

Are there any other tests we can do to help? E.G a complete forum delete and reinstall on our dev servers?

Once again thanks for your help and expertise.

We've pasted the fails

User Admin Clerk
Groups From Group From Forum From Group From Forum
All Groups Category N/A N/A N/A N/A
All residents OK OK n/v n/v
All Councillors OK OK n/v n/v
All Clerks OK Fail OK Fail
SLCC Members OK Fail OK Fail
Other Members OK OK n/v n/v
Scottish Councils OK OK c/j n/v
Welsh Councils OK Fail c/j n/v

N/V = CORRECT NOT VISIBLE