[#2572] GJ and Kunena Group Members cannot access forums

12 years 4 months ago #185369 by krileon
Talked with Kunena team and it's just the caching mechanism making it seam like the trigger isn't firing. Admins for me work fine for access protection and am unsure why they do not work properly for you. Please test the beta build thoroughly and let me know if there's any further problems with forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 4 months ago #185375 by krileon
We've investigated the trigger issue further and can't see any issue. Is your install now working as expected? If not please create a clean Joomla, Kunena, CB, and GroupJive install so can rule out 3rd party conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #185379 by iglew
Hi, thanks for the rc - looks pretty. A quick NOT complete test of 2.5 seems strange tried users admin and clerk no problem access forums from gj but all access denied from kunena to forms they either own or are a member. That at least seems consistent!

Will do full test tomorrow, then work on a clean install where you can access.

If there's a caching issue we're worried as we should turn off sh404 or at least it's cache. Of even greater concern is the T3 template caching. We'll start the clean install with T3 then try on a default joomla template.

We'll repeat todays tests in the morning and report back asap. The clean builds will take longer so if you find something in the meantime please advise

Once again thanks for all your help

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #185449 by iglew
We downloaded and restored to our dev server the live site post your changes yesterday.

1) We tested that the correct groups are visible in GJ for each user and that the correct kunena forums are accessible FROM GJ - they are there are no problems

2) In kunena we tested that the correct GJ groups are visible to the respective users - They are

3) In kunena we tested whether the user can access i.e.open the forum. - They all fail with permission denied. - This is at least consistent.

4) From GJ we accessed the relevant user forums and tested that they could post to the kunena forum and that the post was correctly shown in GJ - They can

The preceding work was done on our dev server we have stopped testing as we noticed that new registrations were not being assigned to groups.

All of the GJ auto configurations has been lost and whenever we try to change 1 the others mirror the change?

When trying to create a new GJ auto an existing auto is displayed as if we were trying to copy. Again this worked OK in v2.4

On inspection of the joomla plugins only 1 of the cb triggers was published. We have not changed anything on the live system so that you can view, change or advise.

On GJ 2.4 the group join on registration worked perfectly. We have taken registration offline on the live system until you have a chance to review.

12 years 4 months ago #185461 by iglew
We have...

1) created a new blank install of Joomla 1.5.25 no sef, no caching ie as out of box used milkyway template NOT our usual T3 template

2) installed core cb 1.7.1 only configuration change is to us cb registration

3) Install new Kunena 1.7.1 only configuration changes are under integration to use cb features not kunena and created the container section for GJ Groups

4) install new GJ 2.4 - (could not find rc2.5) and forum plugin auto join NOT used

Then...
1) Created 1 test category and 1 test group

2) Checked that Kunena correctly created test category and group in the GJ container - It has correctly created the group

3) From frontend user admin (group owner) can can see and access the group from GJ. admin user can see and access the group from Kunena

4) User Test1 was added as a user in the backend. This user can access the group from the profile tab. This user CANNOT access the forum from GJ gets permission denied message.

5 User Test1 can see the Group section container in Kunena BUT the test group of which the user is a member is NOT displayed. The Message "No categories in section" is displayed.

Would it be possible to have GJ2.5 rc so we can test and compare with live?

These problems seem to be consistent with what we were getting on live pre upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5rc

We have not tested auto join on this blank install would you like us to do so?

12 years 4 months ago #185465 by krileon

Would it be possible to have GJ2.5 rc so we can test and compare with live?

No, I have not release GJ 2.5 RC as it's incomplete.

Your issue is probably due to Kunenas caching. It caches forum access and doesn't purge it until every few hours. This is reset when a user joins a group though. It seams maybe this isn't happening when adding a user from backend. I don't really know what is happening on your install as no matter what I do I can not duplicate it, but I have an SVN build of Kunena so it's likely a bug in Kunena that is already fixed. Matias nor I can duplicate your problem or see a real reason for it other then the possible caching issue.

I really don't know what else to advise. I've spent over 6 hours creating new installs, testing, and trying to find a cause. I simply can not find one nor can I duplicate it locally and without being able to do so I have nothing to fix.

More feedback will be welcome once I release GJ 2.5 RC. For now 90% of the issues in this thread have already been fixed. I currently can not give you an RC as GJ is mid-development and I have currently half-implementations present in source.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn