CB Antispam released with great protection tools

10 years 10 months ago #227684 by spitfirex
Replied by spitfirex on topic CB Antispam released with great protection tools
Where can I download this? I'm sorry I can't find it on JED or the CB Solutions tab.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #227686 by nant

spitfirex wrote: Where can I download this? I'm sorry I can't find it on JED or the CB Solutions tab.

CB Antispam is one of many add-ons available to Professional / Developer members.

It is not a free (as in beer) download.

10 years 8 months ago #230487 by Rik Brown
Replied by Rik Brown on topic CB Antispam released with great protection tools
In the future, perhaps you could also integrate the free community blocking service provided by StopForumSpam.com? We've used that for over 1.5 years on our vBulletin forums and it works fantastically.

If any person does get through their screening (perhaps a first-time spammer) you can ban them and they get banned across the entire community of users. If you didn't want to use StopForumSpan for that service, you could implement the same type of shared, community service specifically for Joomla users.

My reason for mentioning this is that it works so great that we use our forums as the primary way of having users access our Joomla setup. They are pre-screened and we have NEVER had a spammer make it over to our Joomla system.

All the same, we're going to give CB Antispam a fling and see if it can do the same.

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #230538 by krileon
No spam lists will be implemented. The reason for this, if you read the fine print, is they can not be used in commercial products. Meaning we would have to give CB AntiSpam out for free, which is extremely unlikely to ever happen, for us to be allowed to use spam lists. In addition to this they have a very low API call limit. None of them can meet the demands of a moderately active CB site as it would mean several API calls to the spam lists to check an IP and or Email Address against the spam list and if you hit the API call limit too many times they blacklist you.

As long as you're using CB for your login then CB AntiSpam will protect you from spam attempts without having to bother with spam list checking as it can auto block a user if they've too many failed attempts, etc..

You could also use one of the many Joomla extensions (usually System, User, or Authentication plugin) available that act on login triggers to check if a user is on a spam list. These should work with CB as CB does fire normal Joomla login triggers. So you could have the best of both worlds.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #232555 by duocolor
Is it possible to buy this plugin without professional membership?

10 years 7 months ago #232636 by krileon
No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn