CB Antispam released with great protection tools

10 years 10 months ago #226785 by donkey12
Hi there,
We have been using CB Captcha for years.
Would you recommend replacing it with the newly released CB Anti-Spam?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #226786 by krileon

donkey12 wrote: Hi there,

Yes, CB AntiSpam has captcha built in with more up to date image generation techniques for more security. The captcha image is also much more customization in CB AntiSpam. In addition to this it has a Refresh feature for captcha images, which CB Captcha does not. The audio usage is also improved to be truly inline and will play when pressed rather than download.

There is also 3 captcha modes instead of 1, Internal Code based (random code), Internal Question based (changes a question to an image and expects its answer as the response), and reCaptcha.

The blocking features are disabled by default so you can of course use CB AntiSpam for Captcha only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: donkey12

10 years 10 months ago #226788 by nant

donkey12 wrote: Hi there,

In addition to what Kyle mentioned the CB Antispam plugin has Captcha as a field instead of a tab. This way it will work much better with steps on CB Conditionals.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #226789 by donkey12
Thank krileon & nant,
We removed CB Captcha from our site as recommended.
From now on, we'll rely on CB Anti-Spam to boost our security.

10 years 10 months ago #226796 by activha

krileon wrote:

Could you tell us how and where phrases for anti spam can be translated ?

All strings can be translated. Even the Question captcha mode questions and answers can be translated.

Thanks but how ?
Do we have to include all sentences in a translation or one sentence by one ?

10 years 10 months ago #226798 by tto
Hello,

What is the different between "duplicate" & "sharing" ?

thanks,

Regards,

Tariq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn