Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment

10 years 2 months ago #241107 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
I thought one of the great improvements of the AHA! WOW! approache is the speed and ease to implement applications now its delaying releases for month.

sorry but I dont understand. where is the benefit?

I would like to rebuild my CB template based on CB2.0 and of course make use of the new features.

I guess this is not helping a lot but there is the frustration waiting for month...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241112 by krileon

I thought one of the great improvements of the AHA! WOW! approache is the speed and ease to implement applications now its delaying releases for month.

It wasn't as complete to meet core CB needs as we thought it was. It needs additional functionality beyond what we used in CBSubs (that's where it started). It's not delaying anything. CB 2.0 was planned to have the lib and xml engine no matter what. Releasing without it would not be CB 2.0.

sorry but I dont understand. where is the benefit?

The entire backend will be powered by XML. We'll be able to add a lot of new features. I've already provided screenshots of an upgrade example where we've a bunch of new filters for management views (more on the way). We also have sorting planned so columns can be sorted, etc.. There's a ton of new functionality we are able to provide with simple lines of XML.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241118 by thewebsurfer
Replied by thewebsurfer on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
glade to see backend improvement, but cb2 will have a better frontend structure? latest activity like other social network?

10 years 2 months ago #241127 by krileon
Frontend has been completely rewritten with Bootstrap 3 markup. So yes it will look and function better. Multiple usages like our Tabs JS and CB Menu JS have been completely redone, etc.. Backend is not the only location receiving upgrades. We've also upgraded Userlist with a Grid layout option and multiple new parameters. Fields can have layouts that adjust their display entirely (e.g. <strong>[value]</strong> will bold the value shown on profile).

CB Activity doesn't have anything to do with CB 2.0 as it's a plugin. All still active projects will be upgraded for CB 2.0. CB Activity will receive posting, commenting, and like/dislike features in its next major release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #241129 by thewebsurfer
Replied by thewebsurfer on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
hope i will dont rewrite the entire site :D

10 years 2 months ago #241134 by krileon
Upgrading from 1.x to 2.x should be pretty painless. You'll likely need to make very little adjustments. The major issue will be our plugins as they are not CB 2.0 ready and many of them I've rather drastic changes planned (e.g. CB Conditional no longer has step by step).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn