Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment

10 years 4 months ago #238901 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
Thanks Kyle, helpful nfo.

One more thing. I seem to remember somewhere in reading that you could configure group projects in CB. Say for instance I have a site where we talk about cars. If we wanted to turn the Model T into a group project and allow users to submit content (pictures, video text etc) isn't there a way we could do that? I seem to remember some feature that would support something like this, while simultaneously giving users the ability to collaborate amongst themselves, as well as submit content,rate or vote on content, and then tally the votes of the content.

I can't remember where I read this but I'm almost certain it was CB that provided this capability, 1) Can CB do this type of thing? 2) Which feature provides this capability? 3) Which feature allows for the tally of votes?

...Great to hear almost to next phase of 2.0... But yeah, you gotta take time out for family. I think we're pretty much all in the same place right now. But will still gobble up that RC release once it's ready.

cheers!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238909 by nant

Magic2014 wrote: Thanks Kyle, helpful nfo.

One more thing. I seem to remember somewhere in reading that you could configure group projects in CB. Say for instance I have a site where we talk about cars. If we wanted to turn the Model T into a group project and allow users to submit content (pictures, video text etc) isn't there a way we could do that? I seem to remember some feature that would support something like this, while simultaneously giving users the ability to collaborate amongst themselves, as well as submit content,rate or vote on content, and then tally the votes of the content.

Groupjive does most of this - no voting.

10 years 4 months ago #238911 by Magic2014
Thanks Nick.

That's it Group Jive! But between group Jive and the rest of CBP are you sure there's no way to use the rating system to sort, search, and present user generated content (i.e. Shirley had the highest number of likes, so viewing that group project her user generated content would be presented first). Seems like there ought to be a way to use the ratings and likes to arrange and manipulate data.

If this capability is not present at all, it is something I would like to request.

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do, maybe you could stick it into 2.0 since you're in Developer stage and making the last of the modifications.

Be great to see!

Thanks
Magic

10 years 4 months ago #238935 by Magic2014
Hey guys, so whadya say? If there's actually no way to use rating, likes, votes etc input to sort, search, arrange and manipulate data (i.e. the content with highest rating [most stars etc] gets displayed first and so on), is it possible to get this capability added to 2.0--at least some basic function of it?

10 years 4 months ago #238950 by krileon

Magic2014 wrote: Thanks Nick.

That's it Group Jive! But between group Jive and the rest of CBP are you sure there's no way to use the rating system to sort, search, and present user generated content (i.e. Shirley had the highest number of likes, so viewing that group project her user generated content would be presented first). Seems like there ought to be a way to use the ratings and likes to arrange and manipulate data.

If this capability is not present at all, it is something I would like to request.

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do, maybe you could stick it into 2.0 since you're in Developer stage and making the last of the modifications.

Be great to see!

Thanks
Magic

GJ has no rating, voting, or anything of the sort features. Such features are planned, but not until the very distant future.

Magic2014 wrote: Hey guys, so whadya say? If there's actually no way to use rating, likes, votes etc input to sort, search, arrange and manipulate data (i.e. the content with highest rating [most stars etc] gets displayed first and so on), is it possible to get this capability added to 2.0--at least some basic function of it?

GJ does not have voting features and it will not for a very long time. It's just not a priority at this time. Improving core CB and having an actual activity feed (like Facebook, Google, etc..), new image library API, commenting API, likes/dislikes API, etc.. is our priority at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238955 by Magic2014
Hey thanks for getting back. Looks like we'll have to do the best we can for now. Will work with the group function etc.

Have a great New Year!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn