Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment

10 years 4 months ago #238323 by socialfan
Replied by socialfan on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment

Roland wrote: Jomsocial has just released a new version. I am having the impression that CB is always 1 step behing while they used to be one step ahead. The administration from the Jomsocial has a dashboard with a summary of what is going on which is just great. You can check it out here: demo.jomsocial.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_community
I hope CB 2.0 will bring all the state of the art community and administration features that are missing.

In my case I wouldnt need those features. I appreciate CB for its flexibility. JS is an out of the box "take it or leave it" solution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, pepperstreet

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238326 by woluweb
I have been working for some years with Joomla, but I am a total newbie to CB :-)
And for a new site I have to develop (deadline : mid-January) I was intending to use CB.

So this announcement of new generation of CB is surely excellent news.

But what is the (estimated) timing / roadmap for beta, RC and production versions ?

I would indeed clearly prefer to work directly on the new tool to avoid having to have to "remake" a new learning curve.

10 years 4 months ago #238331 by mike5151
Can't be with you for the launch today but will be on the beta version as soon as possible!

Good luck all, looking forwrad to seeing the new features.

best

Mike

10 years 4 months ago #238334 by dannec
Will there be a recording of the webinar available later in the day?

10 years 4 months ago #238344 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
I don't think he meant any negativity by it [and I certainly don't] but I think the point he's trying to make is JomSocial is much more user friendly and easier to get started with. This is part of the reason I went with CB Professional (the support feature). But even the support (while admittedly responsive as touted) only referred me to what I already knew. CB is a great product but if you can't figure out how to use it, it's no good.

Now the good news is I got it figured, but that was not because of the support. With a product as versatile as CBP, I would think there would be a step by step getting started section, something similar to what Joomla offers. I think CBP is a better product than JS. But if we can figure out a way to make it a bit more usually friendly that would go a long way towards making a great product even better

Just a couple of helpful hints.
Magic

10 years 4 months ago #238364 by thewebsurfer
Replied by thewebsurfer on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
i want a simple function:
square thumbs for the avatar like every other socials
i hacked imgToolbox.class.php for doing this, i hope in CB2 this will be a feature embedded

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn