Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment

10 years 4 months ago #238565 by pepperstreet
Hello, just wanted to ask where is the best place to give feedback on the presentation, discuss features and ideas for CB2.0 etc. ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238599 by krileon
Your subscription support forums as is best chance for me to see it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238811 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
Ok, Kyle I've downloaded and installed another Joomla template, so I'm starting fresh. I've got CB Professional of course. I've got a complete template installation package I can all zip together.

Question: Do I install the quickstart by itself or with the rest of all the other files?

2) If install just quickstart do I have to clear out all data and install kinda like an instance of Joomla? In other words do I just install it as a simple extension or go the other route where it's like everything starts from zero. 3) If start from zero how do I do that? 4) Can I just install as a simple extion like and not use quickstart if I don't want to start from zero? thanks.

10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #238855 by krileon
You don't need to use CB Quickstart Pro. It's a combined package with an install script to configure it self. You can even build your own custom install packages below if you want. So it really depends on your needs and is entirely up to you which you choose to use.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/cb-package-builder

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 4 months ago #238873 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
Thanks for getting back Kyle

So You say cb professional has its own install script? Can I install it and keep the same Joomla quick start template I just installed? And specifically how do I install it? Is it the standard simply download to zip pull up in extension manager install and then enable? or is there something more to it?

Is that what you mean by its own script You can install through Extension mgr like standard extension and it will configure itself?

BTW How's CB 2.0 coming? when do you think will be ready for next . level of users?

10 years 4 months ago #238882 by krileon

So You say cb professional has its own install script?

Yes, CB Quickstart Pro has an install script that'll configure CB, some of its plugins, and some of its modules automatically for you.

Can I install it and keep the same Joomla quick start template I just installed?

It doesn't come with a Joomla template so yes you can use whatever Joomla template you want.

And specifically how do I install it?

Through Joomlas extension manager.

Is it the standard simply download to zip pull up in extension manager install and then enable?

Yes.

or is there something more to it?

Nope.

Is that what you mean by its own script You can install through Extension mgr like standard extension and it will configure itself?

Yes.

Please see the CB Quickstart Pro documentation for further information. You can find the link to it in the CB Quickstart Pro download description.

BTW How's CB 2.0 coming? when do you think will be ready for next . level of users?

We're doing 3 Beta phases, which all are only available to Developers. Beta 1 is still going. Beta 2 will probably be ready for end of next week. RC will be available to Professional subscribers, but that won't be until we're done with Beta 3. Due to the holidays things are a going to go a little slower as we've family and friends over.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn