Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment

10 years 2 months ago #241136 by thewebsurfer
Replied by thewebsurfer on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment

krileon wrote: Upgrading from 1.x to 2.x should be pretty painless. You'll likely need to make very little adjustments. The major issue will be our plugins as they are not CB 2.0 ready and many of them I've rather drastic changes planned (e.g. CB Conditional no longer has step by step).

well not for me, my cb is totally "hacked" for square avatar, grid user list, and a lot of other features i cant even count

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241140 by krileon

well not for me, my cb is totally "hacked" for square avatar, grid user list, and a lot of other features i cant even count

Well grid layout is built into lists now. Square avatars is also planned after we're done redoing the backend. We actually will be upgrading the thumbnail generation entirely with features familiar to other major social sites (dragable squared thumbnail selector, etc..).

If you provide what features you had to hack in I can better understand your needs as well as possibly suggest alternatives to altering core code.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago #241146 by thewebsurfer
Replied by thewebsurfer on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
i pvt you the site, you can register and watch, then delete the account

10 years 2 months ago #241151 by Magic2014
Replied by Magic2014 on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment
I guess since we have to wait anyway, will CB2 allow greater customization in user profile page for images or banner even? I noticed most of the templates display smaller passport type photo. Anything in CB2 should users want to enhance the look and feel of their page a bit more? Would that capability reside with Administrator or is that something that would be included in a template design?

Magic

10 years 2 months ago #241165 by krileon

thewebsurfer wrote: i pvt you the site, you can register and watch, then delete the account

Please provide a feature list when possible and screenshots. I'm sorry, but I don't have time available to review sites usages.

Magic2014 wrote: I guess since we have to wait anyway, will CB2 allow greater customization in user profile page for images or banner even? I noticed most of the templates display smaller passport type photo. Anything in CB2 should users want to enhance the look and feel of their page a bit more? Would that capability reside with Administrator or is that something that would be included in a template design?

Magic

I'm not sure what exactly you're wanting to change but between tabs, delimiter fields, and other field types you can custom the profile to look like whatever you want. We offer a large amount of tab positions to provide multiple profile layout styles. CB 2.0 is also completely Bootstrap 3 markup so any Bootstrap 3 template will restyle it.

No we won't have features to allow users to customize their profiles. This in general has always been a terrible idea in the industry. It quite literally destroyed MySpace for example and multiple other social sites. I suppose it's something we can provide at a later date, but I don't see it being a priority right now. We do however have plans for a GUI editor to edit the frontend from an Administrators perspective, but that likely won't be in 2.0 and instead if a later 2.x release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #241171 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Community Builder 2.0 Next Generaton announcment

krileon wrote: CB 2.0 is also completely Bootstrap 3 markup so any Bootstrap 3 template will restyle it.

Why BS v3 ? You are not using J! core JUI files? :unsure:
(I am aware of the BS3 grid advantages and icon fonts. But the latter could be achieved in many other ways. i.e. the J! build-in icomoon font)

My concern: I guess you are going to add your own BS3 files… and many other extensions incl. the main template are going to load JUI files. Overhead and CSS glitches? Not to mention, some other developers like Stackideas and also Joomlart add there own BS v3 as well?! What a mess, IMHO.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn