GroupJive Project News

14 years 10 months ago #101576 by infoteam
Replied by infoteam on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
Beat, et al.,

Have you put together a timeline or roadmap yet that gives us an idea of when we should see a new, stable version of GroupJive? I'd like to use the product, but don't want to install the older version if there will be one out in a month or two.

Do you know if you will have an upgrade plan to go from the latest GJ version to the one you are producing or will it be a problem upgrading?

Please give us some indication as many of us would like to make plans on either waiting for you guys or using what's available now.

Thanks!

Kendall C

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #101672 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
We have one developer on GroupJive. We are also setting up a new project so that everybody can contribute, as we already got proposals to help :) .

It's very hard to set a timeframe when debugging code, but we hope to have RCs coming very regularly and quite often until we reach stable.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #101846 by maddog
Replied by maddog on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
I really am glad that groupjive will be worked on again.

but i could not wait, and my team and i developed a new group component based on linkedin groups.

its available here
www.joomlacache.com/commercial-extensions/cb-profile-resume-with-groups-and-discussions.html

although it comes with the linkedin style resume builder, that can be disabled leaving the fully functional groups component, which is built for use with community builder

Joomlacache.com - Extensions For Community Builder
CB Profile Resume with Groups and Discussions
CB Contacts and Calendar Profile Book
CB JCE Personal Image Folders
CB JCEvents
CB JCFitness (registration and calender for all types of classes

14 years 10 months ago #101851 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
maddog wrote:

I really am glad that groupjive will be worked on again.

but i could not wait, and my team and i developed a new group component based on linkedin groups.

We appreciate the information, but I personally find it completely inappropriate to hijack this thread to advertize your commercial software. A new thread in 3pd would have been more suitable.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 10 months ago #102247 by CarlosEVC
Replied by CarlosEVC on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
Just would like to offer my help in testing when new releases will be available. Let´s move on with groupjives! ;) :) :)

14 years 10 months ago #102586 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
Thanks, we will indeed need community help on that front pretty soon :)

Things are now advancing fast on the GroupJive front wooohooohoooo :woohoo:

Keep tuned in here :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds