GroupJive Project News

14 years 10 months ago #102839 by CGIcon
Replied by CGIcon on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
cant come fast enough, the sporadic integration and on again and off again development of group jive is why I left Joomla and went with another solution. Knowing that Joomlapolis is "on it" makes me want to come back as soon as you guys finalize it.

if any kind of thoughts on a good working groups is of any merit, take a look at elgg extended groups with extended blogs mods. I have been using that for the last 6 months and love it,, though, I am begining to doubt the future of that script as a whole, thats why I am looking at joomla again.

coming back to the J scene, Kudos to all at Kunena, Joomla, Community Builder and the like.. much much improved!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #102960 by CGIcon
Is there a way to get on a list of testers?

14 years 10 months ago #103075 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
Ok, seams like folks are on the edge of their seat and will give you a heads up.

We've been working to clean and stabilize GJ. A daunting task to say the least. However there have been some repercussions of this cleansing.

Evenlist integration has been stripped due to its hack like nature and general dis-functionality. This is to be re-implemented in the "Rework" later.

Forum integration has been stripped due to its hack like nature and general dis-functionality. This is to be re-implemented in the "Rework" later.

You're probably wondering what good is it then. Well we've stabilized, debugged, and cleaned up the core GroupJive component. This was the primary goal to achieve. An actual stable working copy of GroupJive.

It is disappointing some functionality had to be stripped out, but it was basically a requirement for stability. Don't be too worried though. Those integrations WILL be re-integrated when we rework GroupJive.

You maybe wondering what I mean by rework and am happy to explain. GroupJive is going to be entirely redone from the ground up using entirely CB API. This will provide a cross-platformed and secure solution for groups. Those that know of CBSubs understand there are integration plugins for it. The same is planned for GroupJive.

Right now the stabilized release is under review, then following will be testing, and afterwords obviously release (hopefully very soon?).

I do not have release dates and I can not guarantee everything as hoped will be implemented mentioned from above, but I do hope that answers some questions and eases a few minds.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 10 months ago #103131 by CGIcon
EXCELLENT !!!

one question: If one currently has the former GJ up and running will those groups and memberships there-in be respected with the cleaned out version? with the re-writ version?

Again thanks for this work!!!! A social community just isn't complete with out groups. :P

14 years 9 months ago #103394 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
CGIcon wrote:

EXCELLENT !!!

one question: If one currently has the former GJ up and running will those groups and memberships there-in be respected with the cleaned out version? with the re-writ version?

Again thanks for this work!!!! A social community just isn't complete with out groups. :P

Yes, It's being cleaned and later reworked while keeping previous installations in mind. All existing data from previous installs will work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #103722 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:GroupJive Project News
Thanks Kyle for the hard work on stabilizing GroupJive.

Please see this for very latest news on a new release for public beta testing:

www.joomlapolis.com/

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds