Community Builder 1.0.2 Released

17 years 5 months ago #25615 by mini_mei
Replied by mini_mei on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
thanks for the fast reply!
of course you can't fix every bug there is (even a newb like me knows that ;) )
you're already doing so much to get CB better with every release/update so thanks again for making this such a great component!

i'm going to post the problems with the list in the bug tracker.

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age. - Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)
The topic has been locked.
17 years 5 months ago #25625 by gammachi
Replied by gammachi on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
i am also curious about anyone's experience with upgrading with the SMF bridge already installed...
17 years 5 months ago #25641 by supern00b
Replied by supern00b on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
I was feeling pretty good about it until I read about the login menu section of the install.

Then I got to thinking about table updates, etc. and decided not to risk it. The site I have to do the update on has thousands of postings and at least 600 members.
17 years 5 months ago #25652 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
supern00b wrote:

I was feeling pretty good about it until I read about the login menu section of the install.

Then I got to thinking about table updates, etc. and decided not to risk it. The site I have to do the update on has thousands of postings and at least 600 members.

You mean you decided to risk it.
1.0.2 closes alot of potential problems.
17 years 5 months ago #25663 by supern00b
Replied by supern00b on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
nant wrote:

You mean you decided to risk it.
1.0.2 closes alot of potential problems.

No... I mean I decided not to make the change - just like I stated. A lot of potential problems being fixed is great. But not if the update breaks my SMF/Joomla/CB bridge all together, you know?

This is why I was asking if it has been tested or tried with such a site yet. I love this site and it's bridge with SMF and the functionality that CB brings. I just don't want to have to worry about breaking it with an update to CB.
17 years 5 months ago #25666 by 919191
Replied by 919191 on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
Hey guys, great work with the CB i got 1.0.1. to work and now i wanted to upgrade but it wont install the component comprofiler.zip under components so out of frustration i deinstalled EVERYTHING including my swl server and reinstalled joomla, etc.... but when i try to install the comprofiler.zip component as mentioned in step 3 of the readme.txt i get following message
Failed to create directory "/home/.sites/9/site767/web/testsite/components/com_comprofiler/"

WHAT TO DO...HELP....ive tried manually doesnt work either.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.584 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn