Community Builder 1.0.2 Released

17 years 5 months ago #25536 by angelsolutions
Replied by angelsolutions on topic [SOLVED] Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
I posted a problem over in the Bugs thread about installing the upgrade on my joomla 1.0.ll site. All went well with upgrade, however, I cannot register as a new user.

Firefox's error = Session expired or you do not have cookies enabled.

IE6's error = Forbidden page.

I've left the module published on the left side of my site at www.angelsolutionsboutique.com if anyone wants to try the registration process.

I really would like to get a forum bridged in soon, so any help you could extend would be greatly appreciated.

All seems to be ok in the CB backend. Easy on the php-speak,ok? I'm a total noob there. :ohmy:

Please help?

TIA,
sylvia

EDIT: SOLVED ADDED: site was not joomla 1.0.11. see below.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2006/11/27 15:21
The topic has been locked.
17 years 5 months ago #25538 by 1808481
Replied by 1808481 on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
1808481 wrote:

Hi,
i lived problem with jim via quick message.
after sending message pop up says "successfully sent" but it is not.. does anybody have any idea . thnx.:blink:

ok now ihad alook to database so the prolem is this
jim uses user names instead of user_id but quick message uses user_id field instead of sender and reciepent name.. so msg is in db but the user cannot see it!!!
help please

Post edited by: 1808481, at: 2006/11/26 02:52

does any one have any idea??

TipNBA.com NBA Tips Picks Caps Odds Stats Video
17 years 5 months ago #25539 by angelsolutions
Replied by angelsolutions on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
Ok...I got it. My site wasn't joom .11; it was still .10. DOH

I have two joomla sites and thought I'd done them both. ack!

So I upgraded via Fantastico at my host; came back, registered my demo user and it WORKED!

WOO HOO!!!

I don't see a solved icon for my post, but thanks for your patience anyway.

sylvia
17 years 5 months ago #25562 by mini_mei
Replied by mini_mei on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
ysva wrote:

How much does the new version differ from the previous one?
Because I made some core changes and I was wondering how many of those I can change again.

I had a very similar question as ysva (it's in this thread at the end of page 2) can someone please answer to this?
I'd really like to update as I read so many positive reviews about 1.0.2.

I also had another problem with the memberslist that was already posted by Gatsu in the niewbies forum here:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,27/id,25357/
could this be solved by upgrading to 1.0.2?

I'm sorry to bombard you with questions like this and I have been looking through the forum for answers (maybe I'm just too stupid to find them) and I've found lots of helpful stuff here already.
(a big thank you to the developer team for creating such a great component and all the members here helping unknowing niewbies like myself out!!!)
But I'm still at a loss with this...so any help or a pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for you patience!

A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age. - Robert Frost (1874 - 1963)
17 years 5 months ago #25581 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
string wrote:

Hi,

Just one quick question.

I haven't had time to open the files and look around... But can I keep the members from 1.0 -> 1.5 with the tabs and everything?

If so, how do I do that -> or is it in the file?

That's my main concern.

God Bless

I didn't look at the upgrade process from Joomla 1.0 to 1.5 yet, as it wasn't final in joomla 1.5 beta 1.

But CB's tables and files are compatible and can be imported as is. Component, Modules, and CB Plugins will have to be reinstalled and reparametered for now. Repeat: not recommending Joomla 1.5 beta 1 release for live sites, better wait for a Joomla 1.5 RC or stable.

ysva wrote:

Because I made some core changes and I was wondering how many of those I can change again.

Changes are an awfull lot ! and spread through all files, litterally hundreds of changes. Was one of the reasons it took a lot of tests from core and test teams (thanks to all active testers again) and 9 builds to get it really stable.

CB core team does not recommend hacks to core files, as it complicates maintenance, and removes reactivity in case of security releases. We have designed a plugin architecture allowing you to do almost anything you need, as well as CB templates (CSS files), which allow you, with a little of CSS knowledge, to achieve a lot of personalizations. CB 1.1, already started months ago in parallel with CB 1.0.2, will allow a lot more personalizations, and touches again most files as well, while preserving CB Plugins API backwards compatibility.

scuba_si wrote:

beat wrote:

scuba_si wrote:

Hey Guys,

I'm having an issue post update that i cannot find any info on yet.

Any tabs added before the update work fine, however, if a user tries to add info to a new tab it does not become visible in their profile.

Have i made an installation error??

Thanks in advance for any help!

www.divephotofest.com

Check integrity of your CB database with CB -> tools -> check CB database... This is a new function of CB 1.0.2 contributed by Nick (thanks!) :)

I got the following message:

There are 2 column(s) missing in the comprofiler table, which are defined as fields (rows in comprofiler_fields):

- Column sbordering is missing from comprofiler table.

- Column sbsignature is missing from comprofiler table.

This one can be fixed by deleting and recreating the field(s) using components -> Community Builder -> Field Management.
Please additionally make sure that columns in comprofiler table are not also duplicated in users table.

Im a little apprehensive to mess around with these options as i dont know what im doing! Would these problems cause the issues im experiencing??

Thanks again

Yes, it is probably the reason your profile saving doesn't work. Either delete the corresponding rows in comprofiler_fields then recreate them (+columns in comprofiler) using ONCE the JoomlaBoard CB integration function, or create corresponding rows in comprofiler table manually.

mini_mei wrote:

ysva wrote:

I had a very similar question as ysva (it's in this thread at the end of page 2) can someone please answer to this?
I'd really like to update as I read so many positive reviews about 1.0.2.

I also had another problem with the memberslist that was already posted by Gatsu in the niewbies forum here:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,27/id,25357/
could this be solved by upgrading to 1.0.2?

I'm sorry to bombard you with questions like this and I have been looking through the forum for answers (maybe I'm just too stupid to find them) and I've found lots of helpful stuff here already.
(a big thank you to the developer team for creating such a great component and all the members here helping unknowing niewbies like myself out!!!)
But I'm still at a loss with this...so any help or a pointer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for you patience!

I wasn't aware of that problem when finalizing 1.0.2, so I guess it's still in there (problems with empty column 1 in users list backend). Next release will very probably have users-list completely reworked, so this will be a past issue.
The way to make sure a bug is tracked for fix is to open a bug on CB bug tracker on Joomla Forge CB bug tracker . I also looked at last 30+ threads on bug-forum as well to make sure they got fixed, but it's impossible to track all forums while working on a release.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
17 years 5 months ago #25601 by supern00b
Replied by supern00b on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
Has anyone done the update that is using Joomla and SMF bridge? I've got my Joomla, SMF, and CB all talking nicely but am fearful to do this update yet.
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn