Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Community Builder 1.0.2 Released

• janieluk
  • janieluk
17 years 5 months ago #25796 by janieluk
Replied by janieluk on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
In response to queries over SMF / Joomla / CB sites, I've just upgraded from CB 1.0.1 to 1.0.1 this morning with such a site. I'm using the latest JSMF bridge rather than the 'official' SMF one, the latest SMF release (RC3?), J! 1.0.11. I used the expert upgrade path, and so far haven't hit any problems.

It's worth noting, though, that Avatar upload hasn't worked properly for me in this installation, and is continuing to not work in the updated version! *sighs*

Dan
The topic has been locked.
  • janieluk
  • janieluk
17 years 5 months ago #25807 by janieluk
Replied by janieluk on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
Quick update on my previous post re: upgrading JSMF sites. Turns out my core JSMF component was RC2 while all my other components were from the RC3 bundle. Updating this has solved my image upload problems, and *still* hasn't broken anything.
  • p9939068
  • p9939068
17 years 5 months ago #25810 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
Hi! Good job on this release! I've recently just upgraded to 1.0.2. Had to wait to make sure all my backups were done properly. Someone asked if this CB release works with SMF and the bridge. Sure it does! Perfectly, too :) Well, as far as it is for me, at least. Just make sure you do all the necessary backups (db and files), and you'll be fine. Patience is key, which is why i waited till i have enough free time to upgrade :P

I have a problem though. As we all know, there was a "security leak" in the past, whereby users can enter "malicious" codes like <object> and <embed>. However, there was a topic on "Creative Tab" which allows users to enter YouTube embed codes to stream videos. 1.0.2 has plugged this hole, however.

Now, I've tried adding the
[code:1]$ueConfig = array( 'object', 'embed' );[/code:1] line into my $ue_config.php, and I've already tried resaving the profile, even by emptying the field, save, and re-entering it. All these do not seem to work. The codes in the field are still "htmlspecialchars"'ed if you know what i mean.

Is there a real fix to this or am I missing something else..?

Regards, Mike

*scrap that. solutions here: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,25629/catid,28/limit,6/limitstart,6/
:)

Post edited by: p9939068, at: 2006/11/29 17:11

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch
  • rswennen
  • rswennen
17 years 5 months ago #25835 by rswennen
Replied by rswennen on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
Dionysus wrote:

Hi All,

sorry i am not familiar with SQl, so i don't know what step E means. Can someone explain?

Thanks

Don't use the expert install if you're not familiar with this.

You should paste these either command line in mysql or using phpmyadmin
17 years 5 months ago #25859 by FireIslandMan
Replied by FireIslandMan on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
Works as advertised and fast too!

Post edited by: FireIslandMan, at: 2006/12/18 17:56
  • beat
  • beat
17 years 5 months ago #25873 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
I made a mistake in my instructions to allow some tags here:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,7/id,25319/#25319

in fact correct syntax for config file is not an arry, but a string (for example):

[code:1]$ueConfig = "object embed";
[/code:1]

(not an array, but single-space-separated tags !)

Edited all my posts and know quotes of it.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Moderators: beatnantkrileon