Community Builder 1.0.2 Released

17 years 5 months ago #26371 by allegrande
Replied by allegrande on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
im running on php version 4.4.4 , but still having the registration-problem.
Im using hostgator (shared server).
php_register_globals=on .. not sure how to change it btw

I have installed all latest releases.

Post edited by: allegrande, at: 2006/12/05 23:57
The topic has been locked.
17 years 5 months ago #26592 by tromp
Replied by tromp on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
Is there a solution for the registration problem. I have also the same problem. :( :(
17 years 5 months ago #26631 by hiker
marauder1000 wrote:

Hi All,

"cut"
The thing that solved the problem was quite simple, but strange: I simply (and very crude) copied over all the files from the expert-folder, overwriting the original files. And voilá..! It works now!
"cut"
//Marauder

Worked like a charm.
Everything works ok now.
Thank you verry much.
17 years 5 months ago #26695 by junkers
Replied by junkers on topic Well done!
Well done, JP team,

I installed cb102 on my live site (version j1011) and it went off perfectly. I'm using php 5.0.5 and mysql 4.1.x.

The site does seem to run better although I've not done any metrics on it. Beat, you mentioned somewhere that cb1.0 could handle about 600 concurrent users the way it's configured on JP.com. Would you have any revised estimates with cb102? Would be interested to know.

Also, I haven't yet re-enabled the connections path feature but I'm figuring the fix must be working. Nice touch.
17 years 5 months ago #26701 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Well done!
junkers wrote:

Well done, JP team,

I installed cb102 on my live site (version j1011) and it went off perfectly. I'm using php 5.0.5 and mysql 4.1.x.

The site does seem to run better although I've not done any metrics on it. Beat, you mentioned somewhere that cb1.0 could handle about 600 concurrent users the way it's configured on JP.com. Would you have any revised estimates with cb102? Would be interested to know.

Also, I haven't yet re-enabled the connections path feature but I'm figuring the fix must be working. Nice touch.

Thanks.

I've seen it under heavy use on a site reaching about 1'100 concurrent users on that site out of a registered base of 30'000+ members, and using about 30% CPU time with that load.

My current estimate is that on this server we should be able to run about 2'000 concurrent users with CB 1.0.2.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
17 years 5 months ago #26703 by beat
Raj wrote:

Hi Beat,

Looks like very nice work you've done here. :)

I had my site installed on another domain, then moved it and upgraded. Not sure where I went wrong, and it's always possible this is completely unrelated to the 1.02 upgrade. Still, I need a hint of some kind to resolve it.

I'm getting the output below when I try to register a new user. The "Directions" fields are Field Delimiters that contain <p>Directions of some kind</p>

The other fields are all multiple selects.

Directions: : This input value is not authorized.
Make my email address available to researchers? : This input value is not authorized.
Corneal Disorders : This input value is not authorized.
Disorders of the Iris : This input value is not authorized.
Disorder of the Lens : This input value is not authorized.
Disorders of the Vitreous : This input value is not authorized.
Disorders of the Retina : This input value is not authorized.
Disorders of the Optic Nerve and Brain : This input value is not authorized.
Eye Muscle Disorders : This input value is not authorized.

Thanks for your help,

Roger

Post edited by: Raj, at: 2006/12/04 19:32

Do in backend:
components -> cb -> tools -> check cb Database.

This contribution by Nick to CB 1.0.2 will check the most common database problems leading to such outputs.

Using exactly the same database with different php versions should lead to identical results of the problem. So it would be interesting to run the check cb database tool on the two systems and see if results are identical. If not, just correct them and all should run fine, if yes, please open a new thread for this problem in bugs.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.362 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn