Community Builder 1.0.2 Released

17 years 5 months ago #26103 by gypsydogg
Replied by gypsydogg on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
yhyusuf wrote:

trail wrote:

yhyusuf wrote:

yhyusuf wrote:
hi thanks for your help but it is still doing the same i have added it to the ue_config.php file as stated above but no luck...any ideas what could be happening?

thanks

On the last save without the extra allowed tags your editor field got filtered .. so re-enter your data in there (object=...) save again and it should be fixed..

thanks trail but it is still doing the same:(

Any luck with this??

gypsydogg
The topic has been locked.
17 years 5 months ago #26195 by marauder1000
Replied by marauder1000 on topic Re:[SOLVED] Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
Hi All,

Just wanna add my 5 cents to this thread, because I had the same problem, and the solution was a bit strange.

I made a clean install of 1.0.2 on a brand new Joomla installation with a brand new DB. But I couldn't register any new users, and didn't get an error message. Simply nothing happened - I was just sent to the page telling me to register or login?!

I tried various things, checking DB, commenting out lines, enabling/disabling Joomla's built-in registration, etc, etc,... nothing worked.

The thing that solved the problem was quite simple, but strange: I simply (and very crude) copied over all the files from the expert-folder, overwriting the original files. And voilá..! It works now!

If anyone wihes to take a look into this, as I can understand that quite a few people has this problem, here's some tech stuff about my config:

PHP built On: Linux node3.c19 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp #1 SMP Thu Jun 2 23:08:39 EDT 2005 i686
Database Version: 5.0.15
PHP Version: 5.1.6
Web Server: Servage.net Cluster (Enhanced Apache)
WebServer to PHP interface: apache
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.0.11 Stable [ Sunbow ] 28 August 2006 20:00 UTC
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8

Relevant PHP Settings:
Joomla! Register Globals Emulation: OFF
Register Globals: OFF
Magic Quotes: ON
Safe Mode: OFF
File Uploads: ON
Session auto start: OFF
Session save path: /sessions
Short Open Tags: ON
Output Buffering: OFF
Open basedir: none
Display Errors: ON
XML enabled: Yes
Zlib enabled: Yes
Disabled Functions: none

I dunno enough about php and MySql to pretend that I know what made the difference, but I hope somebody can use this to maybe figure out where the problem lies.

Thanx to the people behind CB for a fantastic product that makes building websites a lot more fun!

;)

//Marauder
17 years 5 months ago #26233 by Raj
Hi Beat,

Looks like very nice work you've done here. :)

I had my site installed on another domain, then moved it and upgraded. Not sure where I went wrong, and it's always possible this is completely unrelated to the 1.02 upgrade. Still, I need a hint of some kind to resolve it.

I'm getting the output below when I try to register a new user. The "Directions" fields are Field Delimiters that contain <p>Directions of some kind</p>

The other fields are all multiple selects.
Directions: : This input value is not authorized.
Make my email address available to researchers? : This input value is not authorized.
Corneal Disorders : This input value is not authorized.
Disorders of the Iris : This input value is not authorized.
Disorder of the Lens : This input value is not authorized.
Disorders of the Vitreous : This input value is not authorized.
Disorders of the Retina : This input value is not authorized.
Disorders of the Optic Nerve and Brain : This input value is not authorized.
Eye Muscle Disorders : This input value is not authorized.

Thanks for your help,

Roger

Post edited by: Raj, at: 2006/12/04 19:32
17 years 5 months ago #26283 by phlux0r
Replied by phlux0r on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
I installed the latest release mentioned in this thread on a fresh J! 1.0.11 install on my local dev server running PHP5.2.0. I had problems with getting a Javascript alert "Session expired" pop up when trying to register a new CB user.

I traced the problem to the spoof checking method in comprofiler.class.php: cbSpoofCheck(). In fact the problem isn't really in the spoof check per se but the suhosin hardening settings for PHP5. The trouble comes from the length of the spoof checking variable name that is put into the registration form. It's over 64 characters long and the default request varname length in the hardened PHP is 64! This means it never ends up in the $_POST structure, hence never validating the spoof method...

I guess it's not a problem right now since most people run this under PHP4 but once PHP5 becomes ubiquitous, this may be a problem if the default server values are unchanged.

I had to edit my php.ini and the suhosin.ini files to increase the request.max_varname_length. There are values for:
request.max_varname_length, get.max_varname_length and post.max_varname_length

Just thought I'd mention this for the devs to think about :) and if anyone else encounters this problem.
17 years 5 months ago #26299 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
I can confirm an issue with the version of PHP. With 4.4.2 I was able to register a test user, but with 5.1.2, I get the message "This input value is not authorized."

Both versions I'm running mod_security, whatever that does.

Raj
17 years 5 months ago #26340 by partherton
Replied by partherton on topic Re:Community Builder 1.0.2 Released
sorry... I accidentally hit the karma button and it rated -1. I couldn't find how to undo or correct. Very sorry!
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 2.582 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn